Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lorry Containers

Options
  • 02-11-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi All,

Currently starting to build house and I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand 10ft/20ft container for storage. Area is Louth

Some of the questions I have include:

- anybody bought one of these before?
    - if so, from where?
    - Delivery Cost and unloading?
    - Selling it on after build completion

Cheers,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

decrrrrrr wrote:
    Hi All,

Currently starting to build house and I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand 10ft/20ft container for storage. Area is Louth

Some of the questions I have include:

- anybody bought one of these before?
    - if so, from where?
    - Delivery Cost and unloading?
    - Selling it on after build completion
    D

1) No, but user Cormie, has been trying to sell one a while ago on FS General
    2) see above
    3) 20ft truck with hi-ab crane, should be €300-400 for a single run Dublin to louth
    4) Dunno really - garden shed perhaps;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Borzoi wrote:
    4) Dunno really - garden shed perhaps;)

A friend of a friend has one out his back garden that he converted to a garden shed. Put wooden panels and the outside. Looks the business actually.

B.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads did anyone manage to get their hands on a container? I am still trying to source one without having to pay 2k!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cushtie

I bought a 15ft there recently for €1250 plus VAT and another €100 to get it delivered but it was only about 15 miles.

it was the front end of a 40ft with the double doors, he also fitted a locking box on it for that price

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did you buy it private Cushtie or a company, who was it do u mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cushtie

I bought it off of a company, well I say company the guy owns a few trucks and does this on the side. genrally gets in a 40ft and cuts it down to 10fts, 20ft, etc. he will put whatever doors etc you want in aswell

I will pm you his name etc.

Cushtie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Advertisement