Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Nokia 6680

• 02-11-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Is it possible to unlock this phone? I bought 1 off ebay but its locked to the english 3 network.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

oh dear. no

edit:
    it can only be unlocked by the networks so if you can find someone on the english 3 network and ask them to give you their details and phone up 3 for the code they mite give it to you. or better yet (and legally) get them to do it.

i know its a lot of hassle but its the only way at the mo. trust me on this. ive been looking for a way since august. if you find me pm me and tell me how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you need to contact either the service provider (who'll contact vodafone) or alternatively contact vodafone directly. It needs an unlock code from them. Not sure they give it to you tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

I want to use my old Sim on the O2 network, so are u saying i can ring O2 and they might be able to give me an unlock code? Or are Three the only ones who can give me an unlock code?
    There has to be a few people on these forums that have friends/family that work in the Three/O2 shops that can be so kind as to PM me an unlock code? :)
    Thanks alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

o2 won't give you the code as they don't sell that phone. It's Vodafone or 3.

Ok, so Vodafone might be able to give me a code too, even though its locked to Three, and i want to use it on O2? I have a Vodafone sim card too, so does that mean if i go into a Vodafone shop and tell them i want to use my Vodafone sim card, that they will unlock it for me for free, considering that would mean id be switching from O2 (their arch enemies) to Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up the Vodafone helpline. As far as I know it's them who do the unlocking, not the shop. 1850 20 87 87

But the phone is locked to the Three (UK) network. Can Vodafone Ireland still unlock it for me anyway? If so, what details will they need off me?

On another note, can i simply switch to the Three network here in Ireland? They dont seem to have a website, and Three.co.uk seems to be down, so i cant get any info on how i would go about switching from O2 Ireland to Three Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement