Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rotostart-pullstart

• 02-11-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

is there anyway of changing the rotostart for the hpi savage to a pullstart? i heard that the pull start isnt sufficient to start the engine, but the roto start is just giving me problems, charging, etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Possibly you can upgrade the battery inside the rotostart?
    Can you open it up and see what capacity the battery supplied with it has?
    If it uses a 6-er pack of "C" size cells, voltage 7.2V, then that battery could be replaced by another the same size, but containing 3300mAh or more.

So if the battery inside at the moment is 2000mAh or less, you would have a good bit more power. Just by changing the battery. :)

If it already has the good battery inside, maybe a second battery would be the solution to allow you finish the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

where can i get them? as my local LHS (as far as i know) doesnt have the batteries (courier wouldnt deliver as explosive r something). and how much? thanks!!

Where you can get them depends on what pack is inside it !
    I assume it is a "big mars bar shape" 6er pack made up of "C" cells.
    I saw a pic once and it showed 1800s, but that's a while ago, that's why I asked you what batteries are inside your rotostart.

I assume they put crud batteries in it to keep the price down for internet selling. You see 1800s would be chinese made (crud) batteries. That is why I suggested opening it up to see what label is on the batteries. Up to date battery technology would be 3000+ in that battery size. Mind you they are twice the cost of the rubbish batteries.

As far as sending it through mail is concerned - Green Hobby & Model in Dublin (where I work) do it all the time. So what's the problem?

BTW What is the charging difficulty you mentioned? It should be pretty straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

the only thing the battery says is 1500 ni cd, sorry i know i'm crap for info!oh its not so much the charging as the life. atm i've encountered a problem as the wire from the button to the motor has come off. needs to be soldered.

Aah the 1500s .... sold under "eco", "tornado" , predator", and other brand names.

They're not very strong really, probably the cheapest battery on the planet, ... actually if you have the high discharge 1700s (which appear to only have 200mah more inside) it is usual to get about twice the duration the 1500s give.

At well as reduced duration, the power of your motor is being limited by the 1500 battery you have in it.

So when you solder up that wire, put a 3000 battery inside, not a chinese one, and both the power and the duration will dramatically increase.

No need to replace your rotostart at all, it is ok, just being limited by a 2nd rate battery at the moment, that's all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement