Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Event Massage for Marathon Athletes

Options
  • 02-11-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

My name is Robert Creane. I'm a second year Physical Therapy students with the Institute of Physical Therapy (www.iptas.ie). My colleagues and I will be providing post even massages at reduced rates to athletes who participated in the Dublin City Marathon (or to any athlete interested in having a sports massage). Having completed our first year, we have a range of knowledge and skills in the areas of sports and remedial massage, Muscle Energy Techniques (METs), deep tissue massage etc..

The rate is €15 for 30-35 minutes or €20 for a one hour session (both include around 5 minutes at the start for an informed consent consultation). We'll be available tomorrow evening from 6pm until 9pm in the Bawnogue Enterprise and Community Centre where we'll have up to nine beds (and therapists) available to treat the athletes. If anyone is interested they can contact me on 087 9886303 to make arrangements.

Please feel free to pass this information to any potentially interested people.

Regards,
    Robert Creane

Advertisement