Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the new Pearl Jam album coming out?

• 02-11-2005 2:50pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Supposed to be the end of the year but I cannot find any definite date.

Any ideas?

On another note, I watched Pearl Jam live in Mexico DVD last weekend and it was pretty boring. They just stood around and played their songs without much gusto. Compare this to Metallica's Cunning Stunts DVD or Guns and Roses in Toyko 92 DVD... those two are class.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i actuallly thought cunning stunts was pretty poor dvd, yes the guys try to give it socks but its too professionally staged or something, i dunno i just dont fully get the live feeling of it all, the pyrotechnics are great tho and the bonus material of showing how they done it. RATM live in LA is a pretty spanking live show dvd experince, i prefer the more sloppy cameraman ship or something:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Its now due sometime next Spring (-ish), they are taking their time with this, so im expecting something absolutely savage. Mike was quoted as saying that the album is fairly hard, comparing it to Vs. and some of the band have said that Eddie is doing some absolutely sensational/crazy stuff that they have never heard before. I really can't wait.

On another note, that Mexico DVD is quality, the crowd are NUTS, the setlist is IMO amazing (Hell, i even love Corin Tuckers part in Hunger Strike), the mexican musicians seranading Stone for his birthday, followed by punk La Bamba, and as for Rockin' in the Free World, that is wild, maybe twenty people with Mexican wrestler masks all on stage going daft, people swapping parts (3 or 4 people on drums, tech's playing the instruments etc). They are getting on, I dont expect some antics like Eddie or Mike's stuff from the early 90's, plus it was the last date of a fairly extensive tour and still kept me enthralled. I own a LOT of PJ boot cd's and DVD's and this show is fairly high up.

If you wanna watch some crazy stuff, watch dvds like Pinkpop '92 (people to this day at that festival still talk about PJ's performance that day), Nightown in Rotterdam '92 etc, crazy shows!
    Currentswillshift.com has a vcd download of the Trocadero club in Philly in '92 if you want some balcony diving!!

P.S (Was it the full 30 song set 2-DVD you saw or the 17 song single DVD??)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

P.S (Was it the full 30 song set 2-DVD you saw or the 17 song single DVD??)

It must have been the 17 song single DVD.. lasted around an hour or so.

Now that I think of it, yes, Rocking in the Free World was pretty cool! Will watch the whole show again tonight for a second impression.

I thought Metallica and GNR just put alot more energy into the shows.... when Metallica did the Cunning Stunts its was 97 or 98... so I presume they were roughly the age Pearl Jam were in 2003 Mexico.

Mike does like playing the guitar behind his head tho ;)

Ya, both are boots, but the 17 song dvd is the one that can be seen for sale on ebay (these should never be paid for, b&p or trade is the only way these dvds should be gotten)
    Most of the band are roughly the same age as members of Metallica so they were a bit older, although the boys are are supposed to have been going a bit mad on the recent canadian tour (and looking a hell of a lot younger)

I get my DVD's through b&p's and got the full Mexico night 3 show through it.

Hopefully dvds become available of the South American shows that take place later this month, that whole continent is mad for PJ and these shows are bound to be special IMO.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what is b&p?

• Advertisement

Blanks & Postage.

It is the accepted way to trade shows from bands that allow shows to be recorded and traded.

It involves finding someone with a show or whatever that you want, making a deal with them that you will send them blank discs and money for return postage, ant the will burn the show(s) for you. I would offer but I am currently burner-less.

Shows, such as the Mexico dvd, should never be sold, but trading is OK.

Advertisement