Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enfield?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Me and some of the girls are thinking of taking the bus outside the su to the club in enfield next thursday. Has anyone been there and would they reccomend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I'm guessing your referring to Rapture? I've been there once before. It's alright as nightclubs go, nothing special. Wasn't too busy when I was there (a Friday I think) but the clientele were pleasant enough. You should check it out anyway, broaden your horizons and all that lark! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Does a special bus go or something? Does the bus to Time in Naas still go every Saturday outside Brady's by the way does anyone know? Must go there again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Do you mean that Heat club? The radio station were giving out leaflets about it last week. Apparently there's a free bus over and back and all drinks are €2.50 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Yeah *marie* I think thats the one she is talking about. It sounds quality. I`d say you`d need a group of friends to go with though becasuee I`m told hardly anybody goes (even with 2.50 a drink!). Any idea where the bus goes from?

sabriel wrote:
    Me and some of the girls are thinking of taking the bus outside the su to the club in enfield next thursday...

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i wouldn't bother going to Enfield, or indeed any small town like that, on a Thursday night to be honest....

OK so maybe it's not Rapture you're talking about. Disregard!
    I think ghostdancer is right when he says stay away from small towns on a Thursday..... and that said, it seems I'll be out in Enfield myself next Thursday. Oh cruel irony! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Rapture does not play on a Thursday night, only Friday and Saturday nights (jock there sometimes). Friday night is a good ole mixture, while Saturday night is pure cubbing pleasure. Live bands now and again too.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

ClareBear wrote:
    Does a special bus go or something? Does the bus to Time in Naas still go every Saturday outside Brady's by the way does anyone know? Must go there again soon.

Yes it still goes and it's still always packed. Time is one of the best clubs in Ireland. Shame it's in Naas.....

How much is that bus to Time and what time does it leave?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Kildare people often refer to Enfield as 'Rape'. Not a catchy name but quite descriptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

*marie* wrote:
    How much is that bus to Time and what time does it leave?
    Its free and it leaves at nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

You have to pay on the way back though. Think it's only 6 euro or something like that though.

Ah Time is great, had some brilliant nights there. We used to go all the time last summer, good times. Just a shame it's in Naas....

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Rapture isn't in Enfield but its near there. Its in Johnstown.
    The club in Enfield (don't know what they're calling it now) is a hole in the ground. I used to go there in 5th and 6th. Its where all the local school kids go. Horrible horrible place. AVOID.

Rapture isn't in Enfield but its near there. Its in Johnstown.
    The club in Enfield (don't know what they're calling it now) is a hole in the ground. I used to go there in 5th and 6th. Its where all the local school kids go. Horrible horrible place. AVOID.

I'm gonna be in Enfield tonight. I've duly noted your advice re the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I'm gonna be in Enfield tonight. I've duly noted your advice re the club!

Its only open on Friday and Saturday nights. And there's a new club there, called Rapture. The old one was called The Bees Knees, and it was little more than a converted function Room. Rapture has already won a couple of awards for best use of technology, and best sound, and loads of nominations for best venue. Massive place. Part of the Hamlet Court hotel complex there in Johnstownbridge. I have gigged in Rapture a couple times myself - on a good night, its quite an ego trip!

How was Enfield Nimrod?

ClareBear wrote:
    How was Enfield Nimrod?

Twas a really good night. Went to the Enfield House Hotel (I think that's what it's called) and got suitably plastered there. I got to practice my sleaze offensive in preparation for my session in Limerick this weekend. Lordgoat knows what I'm talking about! :D ... Wrecked today (that would be the four shots in a row), so glad I took today off. Felt a little bit sorry for my workmates going to work this morning. Only a little bit, mind! Suckers...

Fantabulous! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement