Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard mapping

• 23-09-2001 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is really simple but i cannot remember the command.

My standard qwerty keyboard has a couple of keys mapped incorrectly (english-ireland selected in windows..whatever version)

Basically | and `¦ are muddled and i want to reassign the relative keys.

How do i do this?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

afaik you need a mappabale keyboard.
    otherwise you are going to have to sort out your keyboard layout and regional settings in the control panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

A mappable keyboard? Sure you can do that in software, it's just a matter of knowing what the keyboard sends.

Hrm.... someone could write an app to listen for keypresses, (put a hook thingy somewhere?) then block the message windows sends and send another with whatever key you want?

It would be a lot of fecking about with the win32 api but it could be a useful app, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have a logitech cordless i-touch ,it worked fine for a few months but now my space bar won't work.

if i click at the start of a line of text and press the space bar it goes through the text but does not move it over.

i checked there web-site but could not find any info on it , any help would be appriciated.

Advertisement