Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameSoc Retro Night

Options
  • 02-11-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Like we promised... :)

GameSoc Retro Night will be held in the Student Centre next Monday, 7th November. It'll start at 7pm, and end at 9.30pm.
    We'll have a SNES and N64, and if you're coming and particularly want to play a particular game, bring it! If you have controllers, bring them too :)
    We're going to have 2 projectors again, and possibly a TV too so we can have 3 games going at once. This is more of a casual night than the Halo tournament was... so enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

BTW, GameSoc has it's own webforum at http://gamesoc.ucdsoc.com/forum. We will announce events and the like there first, so I encourage you all to register for that forum. More details about this event and upcoming events are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I might be along to this. I never had a SNES or an N64 (or a GameBoy, while we're on the subject of Nintendo) as I was a Sega boyo, so I'm lookin forward to playin these.

What are the games you've got lined up so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is this my chance to play Street Fighter?!

Hadoken! Shoryuken! And so forth...

I might come along to this one as my boxing finishes at 7.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yes, this is your chance to play Street Fighter! :p

Excellent. I love Street Fighter.:)

Will you be there Rainbow Kirby? If so, I might introduce myself to you. What do you look like? Blonde? Brunette? Would you be at the entrance maybe?

• Advertisement

I'm blonde :)

I'll probably be running around setting up stuff, generally panicking a bit and trying to run stuff.

I'm blonde :)

I'll probably be running around setting up stuff, generally panicking a bit and trying to run stuff.

Well if I see you and I think it's you I may say hello but then again I might convince myself that it's not you and so I won't. (most likely scenario tbh):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

aw... I saw this yesterday and was like "ooh, yay. i can go to that!". But now i've to go to waltzing lessons for the Strauss Ball :'(. sniff...might make it in for a while after to show off my mighty gaming powers. Why does everything i want to do happen on the same day... WHINE..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

yay go N64 :cool: i'll be there, i'll bring goleneye and a controller anyway.
    God i hope slash/ED goes to this I don't care how bad i do at any games including goldeneye as long as i witness his public humiliation after all his smack talk:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I didn't join gamesoc...can I come and join and the night? please? :o

And oh yeah I'm pretty sure I know who rainbow kirby is...just have to look out for the blonde girl with the ibook in the sci building.

• Advertisement

Honestly people how many blonde girls would there be at a retro gaming event by the games society? Honestly!
    ghostchant wrote:
    I didn't join gamesoc...can I come and join and the night? please?
    Yes, you should be able to join on the night, so long as the secratary brings the membership book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

I thought someone mentioned that there'd be a laptop or an xbox too? All my Street Fighter stuff is either for the xbox or emulated so without either there won't be any proper SF games.

Anyway here is the stuff I was planning on bringing:
    SNES:
    Bomberman 2+3 (with a multitap)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours
    Mario Kart

N64:
    Another copy of Goldeneye couldn't hurt could it?
    F-Zero X

Xbox:
    About 5 different Street Figher games :) (2, 3 and some VS ones)

PC:
    Kawaks with loads of Neogeo and Capcom arcade games

I am guessing one or two of these might need a fish around the attic but hopefully I still have everything intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

oh and fifa world cup 98 though that might'nt get much takers:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

tribulus wrote:
    yay go N64 :cool: i'll be there, i'll bring goleneye and a controller anyway.
    God i hope slash/ED goes to this I don't care how bad i do at any games including goldeneye as long as i witness his public humiliation after all his smack talk:p

I will be there, but you have an unfair advantage given you still regularly play your N64. As we recently found out, my once god like Goldeneye skills are a little...rusty now :(

I have the expansion pack for the N64 still intact though, is perfect dark on the agenda and if so, will you be needing one? I'll bring it in if so.

tribulus wrote:
    oh and fifa world cup 98 though that might'nt get much takers:(

A poor mans Fifa 98: Road To The World Cup though, which is if we're playing any Fifa game the one to be played.

Slash/ED wrote:
    A poor mans Fifa 98: Road To The World Cup though, which is if we're playing any Fifa game the one to be played.

Oh man I loved that game. The qualifying campaigns were great fun. Taking Ireland all the way to the World Cup was great!

FIFA 98: RTWC... I remember playing that years ago... Beating China 99-0 playing as Brazil in an indoor match.

FIFA 98: RTWC... I remember playing that years ago... Beating China 99-0 playing as Brazil in an indoor match.

Yes the indoor matches were great!

Did anybody else figure out how to get some sneaky goals? Just as the keeper is about to do the goal kick you press circle and do a tackle (not the aggressive tackle) and sometimes you could steal the ball and run it into the net!

Ah good times.:)

Yeah you could do that back as far as the original fifa if memory serves, they just never bothered fixing it.

When you were losing, did you ever switch to the Computer's side and then score an OG to even the score?:o

(These things had to be done:D)

• Advertisement

Of course, and reset the computer in fits of rage. All the usual Fifa stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh man I loved that game. The qualifying campaigns were great fun. Taking Ireland all the way to the World Cup was great!

I won the world cup with Bangladesh once..... go me! :v: :v: :v:

I may pop along due to lure of Mario Kart, old skool FIFA and kicking Slash/ED's and Tribulus' asses!

:v: :v: :v:
    :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

Andore wrote:
    I thought someone mentioned that there'd be a laptop or an xbox too? All my Street Fighter stuff is either for the xbox or emulated so without either there won't be any proper SF games.

Anyway here is the stuff I was planning on bringing:
    SNES:
    Bomberman 2+3 (with a multitap)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours
    Mario Kart

N64:
    Another copy of Goldeneye couldn't hurt could it?
    F-Zero X

Xbox:
    About 5 different Street Figher games :) (2, 3 and some VS ones)

PC:
    Kawaks with loads of Neogeo and Capcom arcade games

I am guessing one or two of these might need a fish around the attic but hopefully I still have everything intact.
    If you turn up with all of that I may want to have your babies.

BTW... just a little request:
    Xbox controllers... if anyone has them could they please bring one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Still single then? :p;)

Yeah *pout*

Think of the money you'll save not having to buy another expensive xmas pressie. ;-)

irlrobins wrote:
    Think of the money you'll save not having to buy another expensive xmas pressie. ;-)
    Plus as a woman she will never have to pay going out! ;)

boll1x to that... equality for all! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

emot-hellyeah.gif

Advertisement