Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD/HDD Recorder

Options
  • 02-11-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

I am looking at buying a Pioneer DVR530 but have a question for anyone that is using a DVD/HDD recorder at the moment.

I will be connecting a sky digibox using the rf2 out on the digibox (as it is in another room) to the antenna in on the recorder.

I presume I will then have to connect the antenna out on the DVD/HDD to the tv.

I also want to connect the DVD/HDD to the TV using the component connections to get the best possible picture from DVDs which are played on it.

I presume that there will be no problems with two connections between the devices. Will the DVD/HDD know to output the TV signal via antenna and the DVD signal via component?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bump

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I might be off the mark but...

the RF is a passthru so the box may ignore it somewhat. So select the relevant AV on the TV to see whatever is being output at the time. I know on my unit (liteon) for example I have audio through optical out so I can either listen to sound from the TV (scart) or on the Home Cinema (optical).

Another way would be to not connect the RF to the TV - just watch its input through the component connection - this would be like watching the "source" images - I actually do this with the Skybox - switch to AV2 (recorder) and select the source as your RF input.

Advertisement