Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firing Pin

Options
  • 02-11-2005 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

:confused: hello, my main shotgun is a browning silver semi auto, i have it about 5 years.its a very reliable gun it only ever jammed once,but today i had a nice big phsent in sight:eek: went to fire and nothing:mad: so i unloaded the gun and put 1 cartadge in and went to fire and nothing, but the thing is the pin is making contact, on closer insepction it dident seem to have hit it hard enough.anybody know how much it should cost to replace:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

First thing to do with an auto that's giving trouble is give it a good cleaning, trigger mechanism especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

the thing to do with an auto is to always keep it clean

i took my auto apart for the first time since its been bought which is over 25 years ago and its in good nick gave it a clean sprayed some special oil i bought on it and put it back together it hasnt missed a shot in 25 years and its seen alot of shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Use a different type cartridge as the primer might be set too deep and if you still have the problem, go to a gunsmith and pay €50 or so euro. It's very simple to replace the firing pin in the bolt of an automatic shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

thanks for the info:)

Advertisement