Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitters

• 02-11-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The coppoer that serves all my neighbours and myself (in a rural-ish area) has splitters to serve each house. Eircom has indicated that they cannot accomodate any more connections in our area.
    While the local exchange hasn't got BB yet, I figure that even if it does then the splitters on the line will fail me and my neighbours.

If we all (or some of us) order a second line for home would that force an upgrade of the copper?

(We're just on the outskirts of Portlaoise, I might be able to get Digiweb (fingers crossed, LOS looks good) but my neighbours definetly can't).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you take a chainsaw to the existing poles the copper will have to be <cough> upgraded </cough> , otherwise eircom will do nothing except stuff more people onto these pairgains and split some more, all at full line rental rates for less and less line.

Its wireless for you or a chainsaw.

Advertisement