Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Urinating

Options
  • 02-11-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Hi There somebody might be able to help me my mothers dog urinates anytime he sees somebody as he gets excited is their any way around this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is it a puppy or young dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

My dog does this as well. Would be interested in any tips to stop it. He is about 2 or 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

About a Year old. Minature Yorkshire Terrier Male

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Young dogs often have a habit of this. Most seem to grow out of it.
    HelterSkelter, at 2-3 years old I would expect your dog to be able to control himself at this stage.
    One of our dogs did this as a pup. He is now about 14months old an pretty much stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Rabies wrote:
    Young dogs often have a habit of this. Most seem to grow out of it.
    HelterSkelter, at 2-3 years old I would expect your dog to be able to control himself at this stage.
    One of our dogs did this as a pup. He is now about 14months old an pretty much stopped.
    He is fine in general, barks when he wants to go out to go to the toilet but if he hasn't seen one of us in a few days he gets all excited and pees on the floor. Same happens if a stranger comes into the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement