Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay selling question

• 02-11-2005 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

I ordered two 2gb memory cards for my psp last week( 205 euros each roughly) and now I have decided to sell my psp and memory cards. I have placed an ad here to try and get rid of the memory cards but no luck yet so im wondering about ebay. I want to get at least 180 euros each for them as they are brand new and only arrived today. So whats the story with paypal fees etc. If i sold them for 180 euros each, what would I have to pay ebay and can I have buy it now for 180/190 euros and not start off at 99cence and lose a lot of money. Any help would be great for someone who never sold on ebay before ;)

edit: well i have put it on ebay, am I able to stop the auction if I sell the cards outside of ebay before anyone tries to buy them on ebay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

To answer your last one first, you can only withdraw if nobody bids.

buyitnow was what you were looking for but you won't be able to do it unless you have 20 feedback I believe it is.

If you set a higher start price the ebay fees go up, worth reading so your not caught by surprise when they send you an invoice in a few weeks.

paypal will charge you 3% but if the amount is higher than EUR100 you can transfer directly into your irish bank a/c for free (but at paypal's exchange rate if you're paid in a currency other than eur)

hope some of that is of help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,251 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

List is at the value you are happy with and place the ad after midnight as ebay have a promotion and will only charge you 5c for items listed on the 3rd Nov.

You will pay ebay commission fees and you will Paypal commission as well if you get paid through Paypal.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

bit late for you now but a few points to bear in mind:

- if you do a "but it now" as well as an auction the BIN disappears once you get a bid so mybe have your starting price near to the BIn price (dearer fees),

- paypal and ebay fees account for around 5% more or less (in total). Paypal has the slight advantage in that the fees go straight off the money you get in rather than as an invoice later on.

- dont start too low - it could just be the time that interest is low especially if you are a non-Uk seller (it seems to scare the brits but not the continentals).

- if the value of the item is enough (i.e. what amount do you feel comfortable paying someone who says their item never arrived) you should use Registered post and put that in your selling blurb. The peace-of-mind is worth it. Its also good to be able to give a buyer a tracking number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Thanks for the information, well luckily nobody bought them on ebay and nearly immediatley after the auction ended, I have pretty much sold both items here on boards.ie . As the items didnt sell, will I still get charged money? I dont mind anyways.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Yep you will be charged your inital listing fees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement