Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet down for anyone else?

• 02-11-2005 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had trouble accessing the net from a Student villiage? It keeps giving an error that it can't locat the proxy server.

The internet was pretty bad when I first moved in and was on and off. It was stable lately until now. I remember last year in Drumroe it was terribly erratic, the year before it was meant ot be okay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭chubba1984

I know this sounds simplistic and i'm sure regular posters will have other more effective methods, but i find that changing from staff to student proxy servers or vice versa sometimes rectifies the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Staff proxy..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cutiepie

they reset the ports yesterday so make sure they have your computer address/ number thing right on the form you gave in. that was the problem for my house mates as they gave in wireless addresses firstly.

How do I give them in and where...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

Go to your village reception, they will check that it was registered correctly. Make sure you filled out the form in the first place with your MAC address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

STOP IT you student types are not allowed to use the staff proxy! thats for me and LordC for our private surfing needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

ha, i have a staff account too! *lords it over everyone else*

you know... i thought that would give me unlimited printing capabilities...but i was wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

It does.... you just need to find the right printer! ;)
    staff accounts, as all powerful as they may be, can't print for free to student printers....(skipping long winded technical explanation with big nerdy words)

you have an office then???

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

nah, but that would be cool. i could sit back and view all the disorder and mess of my office. have the staff ac since was working in lib, and i know i can free print to the printers there. tried to set my pc up to print to castaldi afew times, but it never works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Im so bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Not gonna be back until tomorrow. Oh well :/

Advertisement