Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multimedia

• 23-09-2001 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

im starting a degree in mm in a few days.... its a technology course i believe. but eh.... wat kinda jon will i get in 4 yrs... im kinda worried...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Is it Multimedia in DCU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

i meant job. yeh it's in DCU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

apparently its a good course, its a lot of design work, if your fairly handy with computers and know your way around photoshop and an apple mac then your sorted :)

anyway your question, I'd presume it would lead to something in the design field, sure the web area is much tighter to get into these days, but theres several niches including marketing agencies and dedicated media companies, which if you get into there is a lot of money (the company we work with charges £80 an hour for their services).

Main thing is getting a portfolio of work together, and thats where DCUs intra usually (unless you get a job like I did) helps out a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

sounds promising. do i have to join the dcu film soc now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yes of course :)
    now to find out how to turn that automatic signature thing off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

80 quid an hour? Mmh. Companies can charge 500 quid an hour easy for coding ;)

(edit) I have a friend doing that course in DCU. I'll ask her to give me a better idea about what to expect after it.(edit)

Advertisement