Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the Best Dentist in Cork?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm looking for the best dentist in Cork, can anyone please recommend someone? Need a tooth filled, but a normal dentist would just yank it out at this stage.

Any dentist out there, who's really sharp thinking, modern, talented, and painless?

Any info would be great,

Thanks guys

Emmo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Dr Clune Dentist In Douglas is very good....Is across from Centre....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I dunno about "best", but I like my guy, Hilary Hogan on Boreenmanna Road. I'd say he's pretty modern, strikes me as talented, and definitely painless compared to my last dentist! He'll also talk to you about what he's doing, which I think is very important.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Actually looking for a new dentist at the mo - mine is after capping my front tooth twice and it fell out again so bugger it. Sister said there is a brilliant guy out on Model Farm Road ,cant remember the name will get it for you in a mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep second that.....I was terrified of dentists until I started using him....he fixed a real nasty broken tooth for me

He's also handy if you have planning issues too lol - I mentioned a problem to him a while back & before I knew it, his good lady wife had sorted it for me ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I was petrified at the thought of going to a dentist but several months ago an incredibly painful wisdom tooth forced me to go to the guy up in Broadale on Maryborough hill. Really nice guy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Eamon Kearney on the Grand Parade... he is the man!!!
    and funny too. He once told he that I was the only woman who braught him to his knees..
    great guy.. and lovely staff too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its strange alright. Everytime I go to my dentist he giggles, books a holiday and takes out his drill :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmoatwork

Wow.. thanks for that. So many to choose from.

I'll have to check if any of them have an X-ray machine.
    That might narrow things down.

Anyway thanks all for replying!

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

my fella up in broadale has an xray machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use Dan Fenn on Sheares Street. Excellent guy, will talk to you straight about what needs doing and why. Will explain all procedures. Speedy Gonzales has nothing on this man

He really doesn't have a shiny white surgery, but that's fine by me, because the shiny white surgery doesn't do the work on your teeth. All his equipment is perfect though. And he has an X-ray machine.

He took out 2 wisdom teeth for me with no pain. It's actually going to be a real nuisance when I move from Cork and have to find a new dentist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 complex

id say if it has to go it has to go, i dread the dentist meself
    i got a wisdom tooth out a while back & he said i was the worst nervous case he saw in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I agree. He cured my dental phobia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I went to the dentist just up from the Savoy beside the post office, you know, across from McDonalds? She was fit, lovely looking thing. Got a filling two years ago, it's falling out now - I'd say the tooth needs to be pulled. Not her fault though, she was pretty good actually. No idea of the name those, it's past me, herself and her hubby run the place methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

hi Nukem, do you know who the guy on model farm road is? need a new dentist and that area would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

didn't see how old this thread was, sorry!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement