Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ildana Broadband

• 02-11-2005 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

Has anybody got any experiance of the above broadband supplier. Having lots of problems with them. Have 1mb connection and not even getting 10k.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

did you ever get 10k and are you on a group scheme .....because these 2 way sat people can charge up to €600 for a visit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oreillyma

on occasion I have got up to 100k, that would be a very short spike though. Currently looking at download rate of 2.4k. Christ, I could get better than that on dial-up. Also the service is down more than it is up.

I think the provider is installed as part of the gov's local scemes. However, they say they are fixed wireless. Thats how I connect to them, but the backend is sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Wireless with a satellite backhaul? Get rid of that ASAP, sounds horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oreillyma

nothing else on offer, unless splash out buckets on direct sat

Advertisement