Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big English Class thing

Options
  • 02-11-2005 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

In D.C.U or U.C.D
    45euro if you are in a group of 10 or more 55 for less
    Anyone else heard of it?
    I'm going witha group of mates because it supposed to be really hepful.
    It goes over every aspect of the course including the novels and plays which I can't remember a lot about now having done it last year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

whats that thing about not mentioning macbeth at the start of a play?

is it that price per class or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sandals wrote:
    whats that thing about not mentioning macbeth at the start of a play?

It's a theatre superstition. It's supposed to bring you bad luck and affect your performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Its the price for the whole day.I'm soooosad I'm going to a six hour English class on a saturday when I amn't being made to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Its the price for the whole day.I'm soooosad I'm going to a six hour English class on a saturday when I amn't being made to go.
    dont go then?? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That sounds like a really cool idea.

You'd have to organise it with them beforehand, though, wouldn't you? I mean, there are no set novels/poems so they can't just magically know which ones you've done.

Still. Great idea. DCU is a lovely campus. Don't know about UCD.

• Advertisement

That sounds like a really cool idea.

You'd have to organise it with them beforehand, though, wouldn't you? I mean, there are no set novels/poems so they can't just magically know which ones you've done.

Still. Great idea. DCU is a lovely campus. Don't know about UCD.

There will be many people from numerous schools so they are going over two plays romeo &juliet can't remember the other.They will be going over the main novels used each year.Its mainly for higher level students.You have to go with a teacher though.They are going over evry section even how to tackle unseen poetry anda difficult reading passage.you register at 9.15 and recieve your 100 page lecture book and finish at 3.30 I think.You have a lunch and a little break so basically It's like a school day except all English.on a saturday and more lively then my usual classes are

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

There will be many people from numerous schools so they are going over two plays romeo &juliet can't remember the other.They will be going over the main novels used each year.Its mainly for higher level students.You have to go with a teacher though.They are going over evry section even how to tackle unseen poetry anda difficult reading passage.you register at 9.15 and recieve your 100 page lecture book and finish at 3.30 I think.You have a lunch and a little break so basically It's like a school day except all English.on a saturday and more lively then my usual classes are

sounds worthwhile but I'm doing english grinds already and they go over unseen dramas, unseen poetry, unseen fiction... I'm doing Romeo & Juliet so I'm getting notes on that too.

They also help with formulating essays(My achillies heel)

Ahh no!!!its postponed till the 4th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I'm soooosad I'm going to a six hour English class on a saturday...
    First you're sad it's on...
    Ahh no!!!its postponed till the 4th of March
    Now you're sad it's postponed. Stop being sad.

• Advertisement

I was sad as in pathetic in the first sense then i was looking foreward to it and it got cancelled

Advertisement