Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom website down?

Options
  • 23-09-2001 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

http://www.eircom.ie

http://www.adsl.ie

Can anyone few these right now?

Kinda funny to think the company that we rely almost solely on for communications, "high-speed internet connections" (where?), and e-commerce can't manage to keep their website up...heh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Looks to me like it's down too, and I must say at this juncture that if it is down due to being hit by any deliberate attack, then that attack was not made on behalf of IrelandOffline. In my opinion, our organisation would not condone and WOULD readily condemn any such action.

Get your site back up, eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Well, I had no involvement whatsoever...just an innocent bystander going to look at http://www.asdl.ie for the umpteenth time tonight...

(I see they set up a dedicated residential number for enquries on adsl...or was that always there? If so, what did they update on Friday the 21st?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by NoelRock
    (I see they set up a dedicated residential number for enquries on adsl...or was that always there? If so, what did they update on Friday the 21st?)

They seem to have mentioned that the prices exclude VAT. This wasn't there in the earlier version, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

The site is back up now....
    But it seems €ircoN have tried to develop a sense of humour

"€ircoN i-scream...The Quick acting solution"

tablet.jpg

BTW look@ the subfolder..."pump_images" ??
    Jees they're sad! If theres only one thing thats sure I'll need plenty of those tabs when the phone bill comes until things are sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger

They seem to have mentioned that the prices exclude VAT. This wasn't there in the earlier version, IIRC.
    The earlier version allowed a lot of people to think that the quoted price was including VAT. The press certainly seem to have been taken in. It seems that only a minority know the real price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"With speeds starting from up to 512kbps downstream, and 128kbps upstream, you can perform large downloads in incredibly fast time?" Note the "?"...are Eircon unsure if their service will go incredibly fast or something...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Kinda funny to think the company that we rely almost solely on for communications, "high-speed internet connections" (where?), and e-commerce can't manage to keep their website up...heh.

They were down because of the nimda virus. It effects IIS, which would then infect workstations (YOU) by just visiting the website. The same problem happened to the ODTR website, thats why that was down to last week.

Advertisement