Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair powder

• 02-11-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used this? It's supposed to be good for greasy hair afaik!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

like the thing with talcum powder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Master...Card

That's just for knackers, just wash your hair I think!! Use head and shoulders for greasy hair, you'll have no grease and your hair will smell yummy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

like the thing with talcum powder?

I guess. Don't even know where I heard of it. It sounds like a very old-fashioned idea but perhaps it is being revived and that marketing bots will have us all buying it soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 little_green_fa

dry shampoo?

it's called BATISTE and they sell it in boots for around 3euro- it is actually quite good,used it at oxegen over the summer, and sometimes use it for those all too frequent hungover days in work/college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Its good for when your at concerts such as oxegen etc for a weekend and that. I need to wash my hair every two days though so i wouldnt get much use out if it!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

I wash my hair every two days and can just about get away with it! Dont want to start washing it every single day though cos its long and the ends would get really dry. Has anyone tried this powder yet? Or does anyone know any good shampoos for hair that needs to be washed frequently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I first heard about it from my mum who used to get it sometimes when she was a teenager. It has been for sale in Roches for as long as I can remember. I used to travel quite a lot in my early twenties and it came in quite useful. You wouldn't want to use it frequently but it is good in an emergency.

I always got it in a spray. You spray it in, leave it for a couple of minutes and brush it, your hair looks like it has been recently washed. It won't make your hair all shiny like when it is newly washed, but it will get rid of any greasiness. I'm pretty sure that it is the same stuff that little_green_fa is referring to, Batiste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

it'd be great if there was something out there for greasy hair. Mine gets greasy everyday, and therefore has to be washed every day and as a result the ends are really really dry and I cant find any shampoo that works properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

iguana wrote:
    You wouldn't want to use it frequently but it is good in an emergency.

Why? Does it damage your hair/scalp or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

My hair can get greasy quickly too - i find head and shoulders for greasy hair is very good and Sunsilk aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

simu wrote:
    Why? Does it damage your hair/scalp or something?

No, what I mean is you shouldn't use it several time between washes. If you used it between every wash it would be fine. But if you washed your hair and then used it every time it got greasy, for say three weeks, your hair would get a bit sticky and unmanagable. It would be a bit like it had a hair spray in it that you tried to brush out instead of washing it the next day. Your hair would also still be dirty as the spray doesn't wash it, it just soaks up the greasy.

It doesn't damage your hair, apart from the fact that if you left it get sticky and tried to brush it you would give yourself a lot of split ends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I got a great Lee Stafford one in Boots in the UK - well worth it. It's in a pink can (part of his larger range) and only cost £5 or something. It's brilliant if you've slept it out and don't have time to wash and dry your hair before work! :D

Advertisement