Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last CD album you bought

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

'Blackwater Park' by Opeth

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Incubus - Make Yourself ...

SUCKS.(aprt from 'drive')

lph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sdavros

queens of the stone age - rated r and clutch elephant riders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

eventually found a copy of Blackalicious - Nia in Tower and get to throw the unplayable scratched to **** mp3d cd out the window, finally get to listen to the best hip-hop album of the past 5 years in proper quality.... got that along with Luna - Live which is quite harmless guitar stuff, two tracks I really liked on it so picked it up.. only 7 quid.

Bought the dvd single to Bjork - Hunter as well (video is amazing on dvd)... mmm Bjork in 5.1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Funny, I thought it was the RIAA

well when people abuse such a system like that you can't blame them for shutting it down but if people only downloaded tracks to hear them before they decide whether or not to buy the record or only downloaded mp3s that are not available for purchase then there wouldn't really be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by 80project.com

Dunsink Tiphead...Last I heard neway

[just buzzin;)!]
    Cheers to you too! \m/,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Reel Big Fish - Everything Sucks, Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler and Fugazi - Repeater + 3 songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Frank Black - Dog in the Sand
    Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks
    Also recently got a Melaton CD - got it free off their web site. Good enough although I know nothing about them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    Frank Black - Dog in the Sand

Uber-good choice :]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just bought spineshank - the height of callousness

am very happy with it :), sure it means I won't be able to eat or drink much until I go home at the weekend... but it's worth it (will have to wait and see if it's still worth it tonight when everyone else is gone to the pub)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

On holiday in England I bought:

Hecate Enthroned - Slaughter of Innocence, A Requiem For The Mighty.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon

Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss (Can't stand the vocal style)

Mayhem - Des Mysteries Dom Satanas (See above)

My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark River

Cradle of Filth - Vempire

Cradle of Filth - Principle of Evil Made Flesh

Deicide - Insyneratehym

Immortal - Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism

Me wuvs Metal :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by black_wizardd
    On holiday in England I bought:

Hecate Enthroned - Slaughter of Innocence, A Requiem For The Mighty.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon

Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss (Can't stand the vocal style)

Mayhem - Des Mysteries Dom Satanas (See above)

My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark River

Cradle of Filth - Vempire

Cradle of Filth - Principle of Evil Made Flesh

Deicide - Insyneratehym

Immortal - Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism

Me wuvs Metal :).

Cool stuff!

But yeah, the Mayhem vocal's suck...
    Maniac does some cool clean vocals though, but his screaming is kinda grating.
    Atilla (Vocals on De Mysteriis) was better, but basically, I can't understand one word he's saying!

V Empire is one of CoF's best.
    Queen of winter, throned is a fecking classic, so is A rape and ruin of angels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

AngelWhore->Agreed Maniac is probably, no make that definatley the worst Black Metal singer I've ever heard. I just canne stand his vocals period. I NEVER listen to Wolfs Lair Abyss (listened to it about 4 times), I bought it thinking "how bad can it be ?". Such a waste of £9. Des Mysteries is alot better IMO.

I prefer POEMF (The Forest Whispers My Name, what a classic tune) to V Empire, I think Dani goes seriously screamy in some parts of V Empire, gets a bit taxing at times, still a killer album though.

What's the new In Flames album like ?. I have The Jester Race and it's one of my favourite albums at the moment (possibly of all time), how does it compare to it ? (guitar harmonies/riffs, vocals etc). The reason I ask is I haven't heard anything from In Flames bar The Jester Race and want to know if they keep the same style throughout their albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by black_wizardd
    AngelWhore->Agreed Maniac is probably, no make that definatley the worst Black Metal singer I've ever heard. I just canne stand his vocals period. I NEVER listen to Wolfs Lair Abyss (listened to it about 4 times), I bought it thinking "how bad can it be ?". Such a waste of £9. Des Mysteries is alot better IMO.

I prefer POEMF (The Forest Whispers My Name, what a classic tune) to V Empire, I think Dani goes seriously screamy in some parts of V Empire, gets a bit taxing at times, still a killer album though.

What's the new In Flames album like ?. I have The Jester Race and it's one of my favourite albums at the moment (possibly of all time), how does it compare to it ? (guitar harmonies/riffs, vocals etc). The reason I ask is I haven't heard anything from In Flames bar The Jester Race and want to know if they keep the same style throughout their albums.

Definetly... Maniac blows goats.
    Although I still think Wolf's Lair is one of their better albums.
    Still bodes a few listens.

I'd actualy prefer V Empire to TPOEMF... I think it's far more Epic.
    Queen of winter, throned is just one long 10 minute build up to that final 30 seconds of extasy...
    Easily one of Nick Barker's finest moments.
    And Sarah's vocals just soar.

The forest Whispers My Name is classic also, and they did a version of that on V Empire too, you know? Have to say, I prefer that one.
    But the album definetly takes a good few listens too, it's one of the most deep albums Cradle have...

The new In Flames is definetly cool, and, while there is a difference in some of their older and newer material, it all seems pretty consistent live.
    15 tracks, and about an hour long, well worth your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

System of a Down - Toxicity...utter l33tness.
    Gonna get Ben Folds album next,

And then Slipknots new one...
    (my dog needs a new frisbee :D )

Advertisement