Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Meteor (kept my own number).. want to move back!

• 02-11-2005 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭

So, here's the deali-o...

I moved to Meteor last August from O2 and kept my number, meaning i still have my 086 prefix but i'm actually on Meteor's network.. you know what i mean anyways!

After being pretty damn pissed off at Meteor's reception as of late (recieving phone calls perfectly with no coverage and breaking up on calls with full coverage... strange one, i know!), i was looking for a reason to move back to O2.

The whole 7.5c text's / free texts for life sounds like a good offer on paper but i barely ever top-up. Never mind by €20 a month! :D

So after recently purchasing an O2 locked Blackberry.. this is the perfect opportunity to move back to O2.

So, anyone moved to Meteor and then moved back to your old mobile service provider (O2, Vodafone)? Do Meteor require you to stay for a certain time or anything like that? The Meteor website gives very little information the subject:
    Meteor FAQ wrote:
    If I move to Meteor and then change my mind can I change back?

Yes you can move back but you will to contact the network you wish to move to and they will need to request the move on your behalf. Once you move to Meteor your 086/087 Sim card will not work and you will not be able to use the Vodafone or O2 network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

You can port again provided you are not on a bill pay contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for that Fungus.

I presumed there'd be no problem in porting again being a Pay-As-You-Go customer but what i really want to know is has Meteor any stipulations with how long you must stay on their network either by a duration of time or amount of credit you need to use before you are permitted to move back to your old service provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Walk back into an O2 store and ask them to port you over basquille - bring your Meteor SIM/Number/Phone with you so they can verify and that's it. They'll charge you a tenner for a new simpack with 70 euro credit - while you keep your number.

edit- sorry, it's eur30, my head not screwed on right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Firstly those sim packs don't have 70e call credit, they have 10e, with 20e more upon registration.
    Secondly, you actually use your old o2 sim card if you still have it. If you don't you will get a blank sim and your number's put on it.
    This is what's called a 'port resumed' boys and girls. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i ported from O2 to meteor in june this year, got fed up with their reception and ported over to Vodafone there two weeks ago.

the porting over was free, i got €2 call credit free and when i created a vodafone account on their website i got a fiver sent to me last month and getting another fiver in a months time.

meteor in my opinion are rubbish, apart from these 5c calls and free texts they are useless. these promotions are useless to me if they can't provide me coverage in the outer dublin region.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really don't get all the hooha about Meteors coverage. I've been with Meteor since 1999 and rarely have any problems, and I'm a seriously heavy user. Once about 2 years ago there was message problems but since then, nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ditto. I've been with them for a couple of months now and I was with them twice before, and I've rarely had any problems. *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I know how you feel.Somtimes coverage is crap and my mother went bill Friday the 28th and it hasn't worked yet!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Cremo wrote:
    i ported from O2 to meteor in june this year, got fed up with their reception and ported over to Vodafone there two weeks ago.

the porting over was free, i got €2 call credit free and when i created a vodafone account on their website i got a fiver sent to me last month and getting another fiver in a months time.

meteor in my opinion are rubbish, apart from these 5c calls and free texts they are useless. these promotions are useless to me if they can't provide me coverage in the outer dublin region.

Tell me, have you ever actually contacted a store or customer care over this,. its probalbly fixable.

Advertisement