Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House woes - WTF

Options
  • 02-11-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Please feel free to move as its more of a stress buster than a personal problem.

Anyway's me and my girlfriend bought a house in Galway in june of this year and to say its been a disaster is understatement.

We have tennants in the house since september and now they are threatening to leave. First off the wooden floors had to relayed twice due to the flooring been put down too tighly in the first place.Then we had a problem with the plumbing and leaks all over the house.Trying to get the foreman to fix the plumbling was a nightmare as nobody wanted to accept responsibilty.Everyone blaming eached other. To make it worse my uncle who is an auctioneer sold us the house and its been one disaster after another.

If we loose the tennants we are screwed financially untill we get new tennants. Im half considering selling but we would make only a small profit afterall the money we put into the house. We have way overspent our budget that we had planned for the house. So my question should we ride out all the problems in the house or just sell it next year.

Have other people had similar problems when they bought a new house or is it just bad luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Accommodation would probably be better suited tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

sorry gordon forgot about that, please move

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No problem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

is it a new house?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Moonbeam wrote:
    is it a new house?

I'm guessing so since that is the thread title:confused:

sounds like you have had a fair bit of bad luck, galwaydude but
    everyone has issues with new builds as they will try and get away
    with whatever they can.

have you no come back with the developer over the plumbing etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hire (a) a building professional (b) a solicitor and get medieval on the builder.

Fixed house + money

or

New house + money

Advertisement