Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points

Options
  • 02-11-2005 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Just got my first 2 for going a wee bit too fast

how long do they stay on your licence for? I haven't paid the fine yet .. anybody know of any ways out of getting the points(besides not speeding in the first place or getting someone else to put them on their licence) ... i'm sure any loopholes have been tied up by this stage but just wondering

btw
    i've been away for a while and see the search facility has been deactivated ... anyone know why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭BME

tbh I've been thru all those lines of thinking, just pay the fine!

Then buy one of these BTST%201a.gif

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

Thats what i'll end up doing ...Any idea how long the penalty points are on your licence for? someone told me 3 yrs!! If i don't get anymore in the next 6 months will they be wiped off?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

cheers lads ... bit of a bummer but i should have known better on the naas rd :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Where abouts on the naas road were you caught?was it a gatso van or a lazer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

3 years from date of issue not date of offence.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

date of issue being when the DoE notify you not the gardai - there can be a significant time difference.

As for the detector, there is a [URL="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319565]Laser Detector thread[/URL] currently running.
    Detectors are totally illegal to have, use, fit, own, play with, look at, think of, etc. Give it [a really long] time and there will probably be points for them

Advertisement