Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Disconnection problem

• 02-11-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy. Im on a 2mb esat broadband package and Im constantly getting disconnected. It makes playing games online impossible. It happens about 2 or sometimes even 3 or 4 times an hour.

Im using a Zyxel prestige router. Im hooked up via usb and another PC is hooked up using the ethernet port. The other pc doesnt make a difference though. I get disconected regardless of the other pc being turned on.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

i had a very similiar problem. turned out to be a internal wiring problem in the house ... when i got attic converted i got a phone socket put in .. the guy that did it didnt crimp wires properly so the connection kept dropping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

calis wrote:
    i had a very similiar problem. turned out to be a internal wiring problem in the house ... when i got attic converted i got a phone socket put in .. the guy that did it didnt crimp wires properly so the connection kept dropping

I fecking hope that isnt the problem because that would be hard to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Does it drop the connection to the ethernet PC aswell, or just the USB? When I used my Zyxel router on the USB I used to have connection problems every couple of hours or so. Now I use it via ethernet and has only had to be rebooted about 2 times in the last 8 months.

Advertisement