Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT connection help!

• 02-11-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I tried to contact their support but ive given up all hope,more chance of getting in contact with tony blair.so if anybody can help here that would be great.

I have the modem/router set up properlly it seems,power is on,dsl light is on ,usb light is on

but i can't get the login menu to open up when i open up my browser to activate the account as it says in the manual,just "the cannot dispaly page" you get when you can't access the net.

I received an email from bt saying that all was good to go with broadband ,the "network connections box" is running fine sayin im connected.I disabled the firewall.

any suggestions please.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

if your login ends with @ btbb.ie change it to @iol.ie.....When I got mine it still needed this login even though the instructions said @btbb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 006

beller b wrote:
    if your login ends with @ btbb.ie change it to @iol.ie.....When I got mine it still needed this login even though the instructions said @btbb
    my problem is that i don't even get that screen to enter that info:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

are you talking about the bit where you type in 192.168.1.1?
    Have you tried getting firefox instead of IE, maybe get a USB key, and download it from a friends PC or net cafe?

I had a problem like this but my solution was a new router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

What happens when you enter
    http://192.168.1.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

try resetting the modem, instructions are in the manual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Check "Device Manager" to make sure the modem is installed correctly. USB is a PITA. Uninstall it then reinstall it. What OS are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

If all the lights are on and dsl is not flasing then you should have a connection
    Try these ping test's

click start>run> and type cmd and click ok
    type ipconfig/all after the flashing curser. Can you see your IP, Sub Net Mask, Default gateway?

Type ping www.bbc.co.uk and hit return. Whats it say?
    try ping 212.58.224.114, whats it say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Try connecting using the network cable instead of the usb.
    Provided you have a network card that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I had some trouble in the past connecting to the router by web browser, but it always worked with telnet. Go to a command prompt and type telnet 192.168.1.1 and then enter admin for the username and your own password, if it connects of course. If it doesn't connect there either then it may very well be USB related. Try the ethernet port if you have one on your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bennyboy

i had the exact same problem. Turns out all the tests i did were for nothing as my phone line had problems despite the guys in the office saying everything is good on there side. I had contacted the tech desk a few times and ran through the same steps until i told them i want someone out to check the lines. A week later i rang back and apparently there were problems with my line emmmm so now i am up an running without any problems. Use there call back system to get in touch with you rather than holding the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Their customer care u just cant get through to...
    But their tech support u wait like a minute..!!
    1890 923 111

Make them fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 006

Thanks for the advice everyone!.i Eventually got the login box up,

i resetted the modem a few times,did ping tests which said i was unable to establish connection or something like that,temporaily disabled my norton security,adjusted my ip settings,restarted the computer.:p

Advertisement