Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belle and Sebastian

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 making strange

lacuna wrote:
    Firstly, it's memento, not momento.

Secondly, I don't see how it invalidates any argument that bands/ record companies have against illegal downoads. Afaik the main argument would be that the band has made the music and it's copyrighted so they should be paid for what's theirs. It'd be pretty lame if the main argument was that it's nicer for fans to have hard copies of the band's material.

Thirdly, it's not necessary to assure people that you'll download it legally just because it's for charity. You'll not get a Blue Peter badge here.

:rolleyes:
    Just my opinion is all. I know that the main argument put forward is that bands should be paid for what's theirs, but the product vs. downloads argument has been used, and is the main reason that I buy instead of download.

I put in the last part about not illegally downloading it as it's for charity as I was sure I'd get someone else getting uppity about stealing from charity. I still have no intention of downloading it legally, so no, I wasn't expecting a Blue Peter badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

lacuna wrote:
    It'd be pretty lame if the main argument was that it's nicer for fans to have hard copies of the band's material.

Pretty lame, maybe, but it's the main reason I'll not be getting it. Perhaps if they release it in some sort of physical form in the future; but for now I'll hold out for the new album.

Now, if you could also download a sleeve, and get an adult to help you cut it out, and stick it together with some double-sided ticky tape, with a cornflakes box as the backing, that might warrant a blue peter badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I never listen to CDs so I'd much rather download.

When ever I buy a CD I just rip it's contents straight onto my hard drive and listen to it there. And the CD is left gathering dust.

I've bought some of Belle and Sebastian's albums off the iTunes store in the past actually... and yes... it comes with the album art included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I would only buy the cd's thats would end up having some sentimental value to me eg.All the b&s albums.

Advertisement