Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier work

Options
  • 02-11-2005 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi.im new here.ive worked as a bike postman on a temporary basis lots over the last few years.i finished up a few months ago. i was wondering does anyone here know the ins and outs of courier work in the city. im interested in doing some of this work as i miss cycling everyday. i cycle a ridgeback cyclone and am reasonably fit. im looking for general info such as pro's and con's of the work, pay rates, where to get jobs and so on. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Here's good FAQ about courier work in general:
    http://www.nybma.com/faq/faq_index.htm

Pros: you get to ride around, Cons: you won't get rich, you'll get wet and tired.

Try the Golden pages for courier companies and phone around to see if they're hiring. Cyclone and Securispeed spring to mind. It might be a good time to do this since the bad weather may discourage many from doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

my brother is working as a bike courier in london at the moment. a few weeks ago he had to deliver a package to 10 downing st. said he left a big pool of water in the hallway as he was waiting.

i think that sums up the glamour of the job... standing in 10 downing st while soaked to the skin :)

Advertisement