Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohool competititon?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

A winning combination! Alcohol + Pool = Alcohool. I think it's time we had ourselves a nice Alcohool competition in UCD and I'm going to throw out the idea officially here for you all. The last meet-up was a bit of a disaster for lots of people who weren't quite sure where to meet up so this one needs to be organised better. I figured we should have a thread like this where we sort out the nitty gritty details such as:

What day shall it take place and at what time?

I suggest Thursday, 10th November at around noon.

Where shall we meet?

This is the tricky one. I suggest The Blob and that someone maybe wears something really distinctive so they are easily identified.

OK, so those are my two suggestions. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post them up!

If we can agree on the details then we can set up an offical thread pointing out the date, time and the area to meet at. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

*raises hand*

The fact that after tonight's flurry of posting activity I'm the 1st to say ''f**k yeah'' doesn't look very good.

We need more alcos like me.... c'mon people!!!

Ah why are these always on Thursdays? That's one of the days I'm in 9-4 straight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good man, Zane. It's high time the Zanemeister and the Nice Dude met at long last.:D
    Ah why are these always on Thursdays? That's one of the days I'm in 9-4 straight.

Well, I don't know about other years but as a 2nd Year Arts student I have a few essays to hand in ranging from Monday-Wednesday so I figured either Thursday or Friday would be better as people would be able to stay around and relax without stresssing over exams. I don't really mind but I figure it's best to have it near the end of the week.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Would love to go (be sure to wear something distinctive! ;) ) but thursdays at noon aint great for me. That said i'll pop down whenever i'm done :)

Bump.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I cant go because I'm going to amsterdam that day (yay!) but I'm just going to point out that the blob is a bad idea. Everyone arranges to meet there so there's always so many people around! It's hard enough to meet people there that you actually know already. Somewhere with less people around should really be considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I'll be at it, time and day suit me so I'll more than likely be there.

If the day and time are alright with people then let us sort out the meeting place. As beanyb said, The Blob is where lots of people tend to meet up.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

^ the most obvious place is to meet outside near the entrance to the bar. Not too many people tend congregate out there.

^ the most obvious place is to meet outside near the entrance to the bar. Not too many people tend congregate out there.

Don't the smokers congregate there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

outside bar on the steps into the restaurant...
    bring a piece of fruit and hold it in your left hand --i reccommend an orange for its high visibility properties!

hmmm that might be a sight to see. 10 of us holding oranges or bananas and still not talking to eachother :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

not finished til 3 but depending on essay status should be able to come down afterwards.

Scraggs wrote:
    outside bar on the steps into the restaurant...
    bring a piece of fruit and hold it in your left hand --i reccommend an orange for its high visibility properties!

I was actually going to suggest the steps into the restaurant.:D

I think that's a good idea but the fruit?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I think that's a good idea but the fruit?:o
    Got a better idea, sunshine?

Me, I don't need the fruit. I've posted god-knows-how-many pics on this site, in Know Your Nerds and on my weblog. So anyone who fails to recognise me is just being lazy tbh.:cool:

Yeah, yeah... Arrogance personified.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Got a better idea, sunshine?

A bottle of water maybe?:v: (still not sure when to use this smilie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

A bottle of water maybe?:v: (still not sure when to use this smilie)
    Sh*t, that is a better idea actually...:o

You may have won this round, MNG, but I shall return to wreak my revenge!

... Or I'll just turn up on thursday with a bottle of water and we'll call it quits. Whatever.

feck ye anyway... fruit is far more entertaining!!
    and water outside a bar?!!.... I dunno...at least the fruit serves a purpose by lining the stomach whereas water...thats not the kinda hydration i want at an alcohool fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

look, why dont we go to the main boards beers on saturday in town: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=309481&page=11

this way everything is organised for us, we can all hang out and if you all happen to be pricks i can go and talk to the other boards.ie members (lol)

OK, the time, place and details are as follows:

Time

Thursday, Noon

Place

Steps leading up to the restaurant outside the entrance to the bar.

Details

Uh, bring yourselves. And some coins. And a bottle of water or a piece of fruit.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

ferdi wrote:
    look, why dont we go to the main boards beers on saturday in town: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=309481&page=11

this way everything is organised for us, we can all hang out and if you all happen to be pricks i can go and talk to the other boards.ie members (lol)
    I'm going to the main beers on Saturday anyway. I'd have to agree that it's handy because everything's organised (And it's on at a time I can go :D)

I may be working in my slave labour job on Thursday but if I'm not I'm sure I'll be able to pop along and cram in some alchohol abuse into my zero hours of college on Thursday.

I may be working in my slave labour job on Thursday but if I'm not I'm sure I'll be able to pop along and cram in some alchohol abuse into my zero hours of college on Thursday.

Ah sure it's important to take a break from working every now and again. Trust me. Because I understand the importance of taking a break so well, I've given up on working altogether.;)

Bump!

So who's able to make it on Thursday?

hmm. Well i got a tutorial at 12-1. Ill come down then but got another tutorial at 2(tho its skipable). Im off to the rds at 5 for that toys for big boys (or whatever the **** is called). I'll be down tho. Aint played pool in ages and would love a few games.

well i'm headin to the d4 debate thingy and may pop in after...then again i might be too hungover after the MBT!
    .....where can i purchase an orange on campus? [failing that a bottle of uisce!]

can you put the assorted fruit/bottles of water out in the open somewhere so that us late comers know which pool table to head towards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

B-K-DzR wrote:
    can you put the assorted fruit/bottles of water out in the open somewhere so that us late comers know which pool table to head towards ;)

Where's blondie with her signs when you need her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I'll be there for a while at least, am free at twelve till 3.

• Advertisement

Signs sound good! :D
    (tho id be happy with an assorted fruit basket....as long as i can nibble on em when i get peckish ;) )

Advertisement