Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash Of The Titans

Options
  • 02-11-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

So which is your paper of choice? i know we probably all read em both if we're arsed but if the Observer and the Tribune were two kids in a schoolyard scrap, which one would you cheer for?

Which do you prefer? 18 votes

Observer
    0%
    Tribune
    22%
    Supermanpretty*monsterpadserRuskie4Rent 4 votes
    neither, they're both ****
    77%
    ferdipassiveRed Alertblondie83arbeitsscheuertribulusghostchantMr.Nice Guypanda100Jonny ArsonEconomaniac!abercrombieVic Mackeypimpy_c 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like The Tribune. It's more down-to-earth and has some funny features. I like their satirical piece, The Turbine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i agree, tribune is better but they are both still very **** imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I like their satirical piece, The Turbine.
    Concur.
    Some of the articles and writers in the Observer are, frankly, woeful. And it's tough for me to say that, since I know a few people who write for it...:o

The Tribune is a much more accurate reflection of student life and, more importantly, what students wanna read about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm forced to vote for The Tribune because of my loyality to the journo supreme that is Young Siward! Don't worry I'll get round to that D4 article someday soon! :D

TBH both papers are of excellent quality considering there aren't written by full-time journalists and due to the immense commitment needed from the students.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the observer's quantity of real hard news has decreased considerably in favour of musings by various individuals, some of which are interesting and others are like watching paint dry.

i love the public polls btw, so interesting seeing exactly who votes what way... god i'm easily amused :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Tribune
    Hmmm, a tough one, the Observer's better all round, though the Tribune's improved a lot this year than it was last year, and I like Faustus better than Tallyrand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I think the Tribune is better, and I prefer Faustus to Tallyrand too, though they're both good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tribune all the way baby!I love the turbine-its so funny-like last weeks headline-'Gay dragon dissapears with a puff'-so silly but so funny.who writes it?i hope its a him cos im going to marry him!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmmm, a tough one, the Observer's better all round...

Not that you're biased or anything...
    Also, re class reps consulting their constituents. Most reps try to, I know I do, but the fact of the matter is that we don't really get the motions a week in advance like we're supposed to. I haven't gotten next wednesdays motions yet

:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Not that you're biased or anything...
    :D;)
    How does that make her biased?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Tribune
    Observer is good pity they wouldn't update the date on it tho, i think the year still says 2004! well one of them did the other week!

It was the one with the story about the jacques lu cont gig, that's all I remember

Advertisement