Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exorcism ( disturbing video

• 02-11-2005 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

http://www.fazed.org/video/view/?id=113

i coundt finish watching this :( ( am home alone :) ) i never belive this is real, what do other muslim people think about this kind of things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

hm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

That was funny. HeHe.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

funny, But I really think this is load of Bull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oooooohhhhhhhh.... scary! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Osman

Peace,

That really did scare me! :o For those who may not know, muslims believe in black magic. :) Ok, that's a bit vague, I admit. To some, I will now sound like a lunatic. If anyone would like further clarification, just let me know. :)

Regards,

Osman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Qadri

This is excorcism. The Imam was trying to take the Djinn out of the woman and order the Djinn to leave the woman. First he was asked to read Kalimah...

Djinss do exist. There is a whole chapter in Quran on this creation (Surah Al-Djinn). They live like the humans do, have different religions etc. But they are can not be seen normally. Only some are able to see them...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I seem to remember this is were we get the word "genie" from apparently.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The word is Jinn (Arabic) and not Djin - where did you get the "D" from?

The word is Jinn (Arabic) and not Djin - where did you get the "D" from?

By misstake I wrote the word how it is spelled in Dutch. This will be pronounced Jinn in English. (As you now i am a native Dutch speaker)...

:D:p

• Advertisement

:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Jinni ( http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jinni )

Djinn is the correct English spelling AFAIR and you can use Genie as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Osman

Peace,

Can the Jinn enter the body of a practising muslim? Also, I understand that Jinn have been given certain (what we would call) supernatural abilities by Allah, but mankind has been blessed with more intelligence. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Regards,

Osman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

Hobbes wrote:
    Jinni ( http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jinni )

Djinn is the correct English spelling AFAIR and you can use Genie as well.

its djinn alright i remember that there was this benthic djinn in the card game magic. now they would have it right right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

hi all.... new to the islam board.

the ppl in the vid are speaking malay language, meaning they are either from malaysia or indonesia, i would probably think they are from malaysia from their dialect.

the girl was 'possessed' by a jinn called idris. the imam starts off with her/idris saying the kalimah (there is no God but Allah and Mohammad (SAW) is his messenger). then the imam asks what's you're name, he said idris, only idris. then the imam goes on to 'ask' idris never to bother humans again. the vid was cut a bit short tho before idris left the girls' body...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

That didn't scare me really. It just seemed interesting. When we went to Oman, there was apparently a Jinn in one of the houses in a town. Lots of strange stories there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mupo

Hello and Salam alaykum,

here are more very interesting videos:

exorcism of a jinn islamically done.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3488644475156263030

an another muslim exorcism . arabic with english subtitles .
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5328457880435644814

Exclusive Video! Exorcism in Islam
    http://paranormal.about.com/od/demonsandexorcism/a/aa052906.htm

Exorcism in Brunei - Girl possessed by a spirit - Man talks with the spirit and forces it out of the girl's body - Check out the girl's voice
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5374670239602333596

This is an authentic video of an exorcist practicing exorcism on a subject who has been a victim of an evil spirit from Maldive isles
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1836168610461312444

Have fun :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gggggg

Osman wrote:
    Peace,

That really did scare me! :o For those who may not know, muslims believe in black magic. :) Ok, that's a bit vague, I admit. To some, I will now sound like a lunatic. If anyone would like further clarification, just let me know. :)

Regards,

Osman
    :D cud do with a pack of soothers:) no on w8 tunes r cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Qadri wrote:
    This is excorcism. The Imam was trying to take the Djinn out of the woman and order the Djinn to leave the woman. First he was asked to read Kalimah...

Djinss do exist. There is a whole chapter in Quran on this creation (Surah Al-Djinn). They live like the humans do, have different religions etc. But they are can not be seen normally. Only some are able to see them...

As you seem to know all about these things, here are some questions:

1) Why does the (D)Jinn make the girl's voice go like that?
    2) How can the Imam just make the Jinn leave the girl's body?
    3) If the Jinn likes being in the girl's body so much, why does it bring attention to itself in ways such as speaking with a growly voice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I don't think that we should take the concept of Jinn as seriously as the people in the video does. I believe Jinn as described in the Koran are allegorical. The video isn't scary, but I think it sad that this girl isn't getting the help she needs.

This girl more than likely has mental problems and I think an exorcism is not the answer to those. Doctors should have looked at this girl to help solve her mental issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

wes wrote:
    I don't think that we should take the concept of Jinn as seriously as the people in the video does. I believe Jinn as described in the Koran are allegorical. The video isn't scary, but I think it sad that this girl isn't getting the help she needs.

This girl more than likely has mental problems and I think an exorcism is not the answer to those. Doctors should have looked at this girl to help solve her mental issues.
    Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

I haven't seen the videos but I don't think that the concept of Jinn in the Quran is allegorical. It is part of the world of the ghaib (the "unseen") and I believe faith in it is prescribed since they are described in the Quran as being physical beings and even interacted with people such as Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

the_new_mr wrote:
    I haven't seen the videos but I don't think that the concept of Jinn in the Quran is allegorical. It is part of the world of the ghaib (the "unseen") and I believe faith in it is prescribed since they are described in the Quran as being physical beings and even interacted with people such as Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him).

Well whether there real or not isn't the most likely situation with this girl is that she has mental issues?!? A lot of these possesion cases have reasonable explanations. I think the days of blaming Jinn's on things is silly, especially when we know that in likely hood that the girl has mental issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Yeah, I forgot to mention that part of my opinion. I was in a hurry when I wrote it :) (tsk tsk to me).

I also think that most of these "possession" cases are mis-diagnosed mental issues. But I say most because a close friend of mine told me that something like this happened to his friend's sister. I've never known this friend to lie. He's a very honest guy... very honest. Anyway, up until then I was thinking that all these cases were just mental problem but he said that the girl was speaking a language which she never learnt!! Pretty freaky.

Anyway, with these things, it's always the case that people who have seen them are completely and utterly convinced whereas people who haven't are skeptical. Thank God, I haven't seen anything like this and I don't plan to in the future.

May God protect us from the evils of ourselves and the evils of the worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Helicopter

wanwarlock wrote:
    hi all.... new to the islam board.

the ppl in the vid are speaking malay language, meaning they are either from malaysia or indonesia, i would probably think they are from malaysia from their dialect.

the girl was 'possessed' by a jinn called idris. the imam starts off with her/idris saying the kalimah (there is no God but Allah and Mohammad (SAW) is his messenger). then the imam asks what's you're name, he said idris, only idris. then the imam goes on to 'ask' idris never to bother humans again. the vid was cut a bit short tho before idris left the girls' body...

yes the ppl are speaking malay....but they are Bruneians....the imam is a malaysian however, employed in a religious dept in Brunei...

wes wrote:

generally, this would be the proper course of action when facing similar exhibitions of symptoms.....and only when western medical expertise fail, would such measures as excorcism be resorted....

however, you are wrong in this case......this incident happened in my country, Brunei Darussalam, at a girls school. this girl was not the only one suffering such possession by djinn/s. there were numerous girls affected....commonly termed...mass hysteria. the video is probably the short version.....there were two djinns possessing her....idrus and izul.....(sounds corny ehh)

it was told that the whole thing started when a few of the school girls played a sort of seance...spirit summon...or smthng....which 'opened' a 'portal' and hundreds of djinns were invoked....(if you summon them...they will come)

the mass hysteria lasted for a month or two....cant remember....but all were successfully treated with exorcism as such in the video.....

Cake Fiend wrote:
    As you seem to know all about these things, here are some questions:

1) Why does the (D)Jinn make the girl's voice go like that?
    It is the girl's own voice, but but projected forcefully....just as you would sound out differently when speaking normally compared to shouting at the top of your voice. furthermore, the djinn inside is in pain due to the effect of certain quranic verses read over it.

2) How can the Imam just make the Jinn leave the girl's body?
    The video is short...not capturing the whole session from the very start...the imam has been reciting several verses of the quran over the girl...these verses would effect in the djinn great pains.....(there are some verses that would actually destroy djinns but such is not the order of exorcism) invoking the djinn to communicate. the exorcist first persuades the djin to leave on its own accord...by telling it that what it is doing to the girl is harmful to her and unkind (if non muslim djinn) or that what it is doing is sinful (if a muslim djinn). in both cases, if the djinn is unwilling to leave, then verses of the quran will be recited to cause the djinn/s terrible pain until it can stand no more and agrees to leave. in some cases for persistent djinns, certain quranic verse would have to be recited which would effect in killing the djinn.

3) If the Jinn likes being in the girl's body so much, why does it bring attention to itself in ways such as speaking with a growly voice?
    this is not so in all cases. some only manifests as such when invoked thru recitation of certain quranic verse. in this case, the djinns possessing are wild ones (as opposed to ones with specific 'orders' sent thru shamans of black magic). when possessed, the girl would 'see' and 'speak' of things which normal persons could not see or decipher and she would appear to others as hallucinating, thus warranting medical treatment and if failing, an exorcism. and djinns are arrogant creatures, who regard themselves as superior than humans, and with their abilities would often challenge any human who tries to dispel them. speaking in a growly and harsh manner is a form of intimidation. however, keep this in mind, never shall any djinn at any time, be superior in mind and being to a human. they are however, full of treachery and must never be trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Exorcisms of demons are carried out in christianity too - in Italy and Romania and probably a lot of other countries in south/east europe

Advertisement