Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys r confusing!!!!

• 02-11-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey.
    A while ago i posted about liking this guy who liked me but didnt wanna take things any further.. and all that jazz.
    I kinda decided to leave it. ... It didnt work! I still really like him and its actually making me upset!
    What i dont get is
    (a) he got SOOOOO annoyed at me when i scored his friend, (to the point where he didnt talk 2 me for nearly a week)
    (b) he says it takes alot for him to love someone and he loves me
    (c) but now he never asks 2 meet up?????
    im actually so confused so ask questions if u want cuz i dunno wat else 2 write
    Love ya'll
    Hooly :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hooly22 wrote:
    when i scored his friend
    If this is you liking him, I hate to think what you might do if you were actually out to hurt him.
    Hooly22 wrote:
    but now he never asks 2 meet up?
    If you don't want to take things further, why is this a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well if you had feelings for this guy and was still trying to make an impression on him scoring with his friend didnt help i guess. But saying that maybe he is just jealous the fact your moving on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

Ok firstly i was sorta drunk(YES I NO IM A FOOL) and hes the one who said it mite be too hard 2 take further and hes sorry and still loves me and never wants to loose me as a friend.

U c we got past the whole scoring his friend this. he was pist off at the start but he said he got so pist off because he liked me so much, but if he likes me so much why dusnt he wanna take it further

Why is everyones excuse to do with drink :p.
    Has he told you why he doesnt want to go further?
    I think its the fact he is telling you that stuff now is because he is jealous...
    What age are ye btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hooly22 wrote:
    U c we got past the whole scoring his friend this. he was pist off at the start but he said he got so pist off because he liked me so much, but if he likes me so much why dusnt he wanna take it further

What guy gets over the fact that a girl he apparently loves is locking lips with his friend?

Im 17(plz dont say im young and all that.. it dusnt help) u c we hang out with different groups of ppl but also see eachother. he said its cuz we live different lifestyles! (i dont get that, im 17, hes 18, were very good friends and im friends with his best mate!!) but yet he keeps saying i love u blah blah blah!!

ok u wanna hear the scoring story so i can explain it cuz it sounds like im defending wat i did! thats not wat im doing i no it was wrong.
    ok i was out and we had some drink my friend had 2 much (we were up some random hill for a party) so me n this guy(his mate) went to get water. He tried to score me and i said no stop i dont wanna score u and kept asking him to ring the guy i liked. in the end i scored ur man for like 30 seconds and then pushed him away (i was out of it ok!) then i went back to the guy i liked and told him wat happend and he just left but then we met up a while later and sorted it out. this was nrly a month ago

Well if he wants to get with you he will if not then i guess its time to move on your young plenty of time for relationships.....

ye i no im young and all that!!! Ive tried forgetting him, ive tried going out with someone else (cudnt stop thinking about him) its like hes controlling me!! er!

• Advertisement

if i could move on i would. but wen were together we get on SO well its unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Hooly22 wrote:
    Hey.
    jazz.

Great stuff. I recommend Thelonious Monk Criss-Cross, and Ascension by John Coltrane.

It sounds like you are confused. I think you should go up to him and say "What's Goin' On?" Then say "If you 'love me' why is it that you are acting weird?" and then give him an ultimatum: "If you're going to act like that, I think you should forget about me." It's as simple as that*

*Situation may not be as simple as presented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

snogging his mate was a bad move. Can you keep your distance from this guy and all of his mates for a month or so, give things time to settle...??? My friends, barry and helen, have been together for over 2 years, and they are really happy together, but before they hooked up, she was going out with Barry's mate for about 6 months. She dissappeared of the social scene for about 3 months after they split, so when she came back onto the scene, it was like she has a fresh start, or a clean slate or whatever, as barry's mate was seeing someone else, and real happy with them, which left an opening for barry and helen to hook up.... and boy they are glad they did!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭_sara_

tell him what you said here!! and that if he doesnt want to go out with you then stop telling you he loves you and **** like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

I don't mean to be patronising, but how is it then when your 15/16/17/18 a week feels like a year, I can tell that the thoughts of steering clear of this las and the whole situation for a few months is like suggesting you avoid him for the next 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

omg u should like totally talk to him and tell him ur like into him and stuff

he was probably 2 angry coz u like kissed his friend and stuff, like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hooly22 wrote:
    Hey.
    A while ago i posted about liking this guy who liked me but didnt wanna take things any further.. and all that jazz.
    I kinda decided to leave it. ... It didnt work! I still really like him and its actually making me upset!
    What i dont get is
    (a) he got SOOOOO annoyed at me when i scored his friend, (to the point where he didnt talk 2 me for nearly a week)
    (b) he says it takes alot for him to love someone and he loves me
    (c) but now he never asks 2 meet up?????
    im actually so confused so ask questions if u want cuz i dunno wat else 2 write
    Love ya'll

first off, use english. this isnt a mobile phone.

you obviously dont love him that much if you went off with someone else.

if you tell him that you love him, and yo usay he likes you, yes he is going to be upset when you kiss someone else.
    im not surprised he doesnt ask to meet up. why would he?

you sound like an infatuated teenage girl, and thats fine. theres nothing worse than unrequited love, but you appear to be over doing it, and whinging about being in love, and yet going off with other people will not reflect favourably on you.

perhaps you should move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Sounds to me like he's just taking the piss,
    "Yea baby, I love you"
    "Wow, I love you too"
    "I'm not going to have anything to do with you though"
    "Christ, that hurts"
    Then he goes back to his friends and says
    "I can't believe how gullible that chick is. hahahahaha. I'm the man:cool: "

So in conclusion, give him one last chance and if he keeps acting like a muppet wash your hands of him. Then start a relationship with his friend just to show him what it's like to have someone mess with your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

people want what they cant have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

imo your the confusing one. if you liked this gut so much why score with his friend? i dont know how people do that and it annoys me when they blame drink too. if you know that drink makes you do stupid things then why get smashed why not just get a bit tipsy and have a conscious control over what you are doing? and if you really liked the guy you shouldnt have cheated on him 30 seconds or not its still a betrayal of his trust and esp with his best friend. if you dont want ppl to call you young then dont act like a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

MadPatrick, you're mental, it's probably more like:

Girl: I kinda liked this guy but then decided I don't and won't go out with him
    Guy: "I love you :o "
    Girl: "I copped off with your friend, haha :D "
    Guy: "I'm so hurt, I don't think I can trust you or go out with you :( "
    Girl: "wtf? omg like totally you can't do that to me I totally realise i like love you please go out with me, why won't you go out with me? :confused: "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

any news OP~??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 U$ername

You might want to look out for the old "Ooooh, shiny!" approach to who you "score" with..

It is possible this guy did like you but odds are he is thinking "Well she jumped my buddy when she got bored, so she may not be the ideal person for me.."

A tells B they like them.
    A hits on B's friend.
    B tells A they like them.
    B ......................

Advertisement