Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distribution question/advice needed!

Options
  • 02-11-2005 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on this. I would like to distribute a product from the UK in Ireland and the company involved have an "affiliate" program which means that I would add a link to their site on my website and earn commission on any sales made. I am sure most of you know how it works :) The problem is that I don't own a website but the company are willing for me to come up with other suggestions which is where I need your advice. They only sell their products from the website. It's not one those dodgy affiliate schemes like pyramid selling. It's a genuine product that everyone uses everyday so that's not an issue. So if anyone out there could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm not clear what you are actually asking for - Can you expand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Emerald

I was hoping to sell the products from home initially and see how it goes and the company were saying if I had a shop or another outlet where I could sell their products. I am trying to think of a way to sell the products through their website without owning my own for the moment. I don't know whether to set up a replica of their site (with their permission of course) and put my orders through there or buy at wholesale from them and sell them here. It's just that if I had my own website and put a link to theirs on it they would process all the orders and deliver them to either me or the customers in Ireland. I have asked them if they could set up an affiliate link for me with my own ID and that all orders going through that link would would relate back to me to earn the commission. I am waiting for them to get back to me on that. I am probably not explaining myself very well but hopefully you can get the jist of it. Thanks for your reply. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It wouldn't be easy to set up a replica of their site. Maybe they could set up the replica for you and just forward orders onto you. But then that raises the question of what value you are adding - Why wouldn't they just process these orders themselves and keep your commission.

You could think about setting up an eBay shop, but again that would require a fair bit of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Emerald

Thanks for your help anyway. I asked the company could I just put the orders through and earn the commission that way but I think they have given up on me. Pity though as their products were lovely. Again thanks for your replies. :)

Advertisement