Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emergancy!!!

• 02-11-2005 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

EH! Little sister just told me shes pregnant!! Shes 15!!!!!!!!! wat the hell do i do!!! jesus! where do i bring her?! do i tell my rents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Has a pregnacy test been done and pregnancy confirmed?
    All you can do is get her to tell the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Rabies wrote:
    Has a pregnacy test been done and pregnancy confirmed?
    All you can do is get her to tell the parents.

What rabies said being honest... Jayus 15 whats going on with people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

she's not pulling your leg, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, you know, there as probably drink on the side on a random hill, with people she didn't want to score...

I'm begining to wonder if all this posters posts are in PI? Damn search being disabled... Certainly seems like a dramatic few weeks she's had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

Shes gone down to my aunty. Im actually gonna kill her. shes 15!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Has there been a preg test done?

and sori aidan walsh, wat u sayin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hooly22, its not the end of the world. She may not be pregnant. Assuming she has had sex (at 15, that is a separate, but related problem) and hasn't had a period, that is not sufficient evidence of pregnancy. People miss or have late periods quite often.

You need to
    (a) Talk to either your parents or someone you can trust like your aunt
    (b) Get a pregnancy test done. You can buy them over the counter in any pharmacy. Read the instructions.

aidan_walsh, chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Hooly22 wrote:
    EH! Little sister just told me shes pregnant!! Shes 15!!!!!!!!! wat the hell do i do!!! jesus! where do i bring her?! do i tell my rents

How old are you?

Wicknight wrote:
    How old are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

What has this got to do with you? If you cant be helpful go away.

Dont tell anyone yet. Get the test done and if positive go to a doctor.
    If she is pregnant sort out the story and approach which parent will be calmest (mother most likely) explain he situation and how scared she is!

It will be alright but just be 100% before you talk

Good luck

The_Goose wrote:
    What has this got to do with you? If you cant be helpful go away.
    The question was asked, answered and the origin of the answer referenced, as has been done manys a time on PI, by many a user before. If that isn't "helpful" enough for you, I can happily offer you many more unhelpful ideas to try out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hooly22 wrote:
    Im actually gonna kill her

how would that help exactly?
    calm down, get her to a doctor, get tested and get her to tell your parents, she has no choice but to do so.
    They will be very upset, but in the end they are your parents and they will help in what ever way it's required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

The question was asked, answered and the origin of the answer referenced, as has been done manys a time on PI, by many a user before. If that isn't "helpful" enough for you, I can happily offer you many more unhelpful ideas to try out.
    WTF are you on about. The age question was directed at Hooly not you!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

15 years old!!!! Oh God love her, an God love you, and your family, the next few months will be difficult. Get her tested by a doctor then when you have the definate results you really do have to tell your parents, they will propbably hit the roof initially, but when they calm down they will be there to support your sister (and murder her boyfriend)
    You two cant deal with this alone, tell the parents, they have been on this planet a hell of a lot longer then either of you and will have some sound advice and help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

15 is really really young!!!! but i think the only thing you both can do is tell your parents after she does a preg test (if she is just going on a hunch). and im sure they will be furious disappointed etc all the emotions that they go through when something happens to their kids. but then reality will sink in and they should and will support your sis. if ou dont want to tell them just yet then go to a doc to talk about the issues and her choices etc and to just make sure the baby is healthy etc. does she know or have a breif idea how long she has been preg for?? as for you i think you should calm down before you talk to her again because she has confided in you and will need you to be supportive throughout this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Nobody has mentioned the father in this? Has she mentioned him to you?? He has to face to responsibility too - regardless what age he is. Just give her support and help as only an older sister can, she will more than likely confide in you more than her mum. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

The poor thing:(
    Get her to text LIST to 50444 and it will recommend some good health centres in your local area where you can go and seek professional advice.
    Good Luck :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What's the evidence that she's pregnant? Sorry if i missed the obvious. DON'T PANIC all will be well in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Ive heard of that happening a few times. Just because the girl misses her period she panics and thinks shes pregnant.

Take the advice here and get a pregnancy test now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

15 is way too young to have a baby, she's only a baby herself.
    The best advice is is to tell you that 12 weeks is the cut off point(unless you want to go to Spain, not much of a holiday though). It's sad but the rest of her life is ruined if she has this baby. And the baby is hardly going to be stable being brought up by a girl who regards it as the reason she can't live a proper life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

god i dont hthink i could cope if my 15yr old sis told me that, but i guess u have to be supportive of her, cos she's likely scared out of her mind, and confided in u for support before breaking it to your parents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

MadPatrick wrote:
    It's sad but the rest of her life is ruined if she has this baby.

Come on now, you know that's not true. It might make certain things more difficult and remove some choices but her life wouldn't be ruined.

OP,
    You need to get her to talk to an adult you can trust. Your auntie is probably a good idea. She'll need to get a test done to find out if she is or not. If she is then she'll have to let her parents know, depending on how you think they'll react you might want your auntie present for that. If she's not then she needs to get herself some Sex Ed to help prevent future worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

MadPatrick wrote:
    And the baby is hardly going to be stable being brought up by a girl who regards it as the reason she can't live a proper life
    That's just too much of a generalisation. A friend of mine had a baby when she was only 16, and was terrified.. considered a termination but couldn't go through with it. She is so glad now that she didn't, she would do anything for her daughter and couldn't live without her

It's a frightening time now, but if your sister is pregnant, best thing is to consider all options.. and not just in the present, think about how she will feel in a few years time. Best of luck xx

sorry i was didnt wb till now. shes not pregnant. period was just 2 weeks late,did test. not gonna say anything to the rents, but like what do i do about the whole her having sex at 15 (im 17) like ok shes not pregnant. thats this time. shes 15.

wat dus IP mean bdw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Sex ed and condoms.

Edit: quit D txt spk. U hv a full kb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Hooly22 wrote:
    but like what do i do about the whole her having sex at 15

Tell her to make sure he's wearing a condom and using it right next time. Telling her not to have sex, or anything else down that road is just fooling yourself and not doing your sister justice.

Yeah but like shes 15. shes my baby sister and shes out having sex with 17 year olds. i cant just say oh heres a condom be careful next time!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tell her that the 17yo's are commiting statatory rape.

yes, you have to tell her to use protection, if anything else, it prevents this happening again....

perhaps as a older sister you could be less imtimadating to talk to then your parents,

as a 15 year old i never talked to my parents about anything....

Hooly22 wrote:
    i cant just say oh heres a condom be careful next time!?!

you shouldn't have to so soon, but if she's having sex then that's exactly what you will have to do.
    I would also recommend that you get her to a doctor and see if she can get the pill, it's not great that she has to go on it so young but as the alternative is worse, I suggest that it's done asap.
    The pill plus condom is exactly what you must teach her, if she is old enough to accept the responsibility of having sex then she is old enough to take care of herself properly.
    As her older sister, it has now become your responsibility to teach her that, your mother should really be teaching her this though :/

perm site ban for you Mr. RobVanDamager2
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

I shagged her. Get rid yo

thats really not appropriate is it?or helping in anyway!

15 is really young and if she feels that she is ready for sex at 15 then she has to take care of herself and the pill may offer great protection from preg (if taken properly) but not from std's. hopefully this preg scare will make her think twice about having it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Hooly22 wrote:
    Yeah but like shes 15. shes my baby sister and shes out having sex with 17 year olds. i cant just say oh heres a condom be careful next time!?!

in fairness, i was having SAFE sex at her age.
    i know your probably over protective of her and all, considering talking to her about going on the pill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Maybe she will take this experience as a warning and be a lot more careful in the future. I think this experience or scare will be a lot more effective than anything you could say to her about sex. IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement