Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick kitten

Options
  • 02-11-2005 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

our 5 month kitten got lost for a few days there and fortunately was being fed by a kind family who gave me a call when she realised my number was on it's caller. Apparantly it had been running with a couple of other cats, much to the disgust i am sure of the adult cat that shares our house with it :)

Anyhoo - the kitten was puking over the weekend when we got him back, with what i take was worms in the puke. He also had the runs, which has since dried up as has the puking. This i think is partly down to change of food to a totally dry diet and white fish for easy digestion i reckon. I got a worming tablet for both cats and administered them last night. The kitten has been very quiet and feeling sorry for himself since, while the adult is fine.

I know there can be a reaction to these tablets but if he has not improved come tomorrow evening i will take him up to the vets, does anyone think i should be worried. Another symptom which has not gone is bad breath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If the cat is heavily laden with worms it can take a few doses to get rid of them, a trip to the vet would be wise if the cat isn't showing signs of improvement. There is a milder wormer called Parazole (and cheaper in the long run for dosing with again) it's in liquid form. It's gentle on kittens, puppies and even gentle enough for guinea pigs and rabbits. It's about 7 to 8 euro for a bottle and as long as it's in the sell by date it should last you many months.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement