Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marc Rizzo's solo work

• 03-11-2005 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I know a lot of people will think of Rizzo as 'that guy who wears the backpack on stage for Soulfly' but he's a very good guitarist. I don't know how I stumbled across it, but I went onto his website www.marcrizzo.com and found out he has a solo album. After hearing a song I went mad trying to find it, but it seems to be very elusive. I gave up when I heard he signed a big record deal with Shrapnel records, and that the album was going to become widely available. Unfortunately it still seems pretty non-existant over here. Anyone know if it's even available here?
    Soulfly may not be the greatest technical band, and even though there's some nice enough leads on Dark Ages, I don't think Marc Rizzo is able to show off his full talent. I strongly advise anyone who hasn't heard his solo stuff to visit his site, a song (can't remember what it's called) will start automatically. There's a bit of everything in it, including a pretty damn good solo at the end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Marc Rizzo ****nig rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Didn't he also play for Ill Nino back in the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya he played on the first album and is alleged to have recorded the second album but was uncredited.dont let that put you off:p

Advertisement