Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Imagine Users here?

• 03-11-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭

My Dad's looking to get broadband and I'm thinking that Imagine's On-Demand product looks ideal for him, he wouldn't be using more the 20 hours a month and is just looking for fast web-surfing rather than high ping rates for gaming or large downloads etc.

Anyone here using Imagine like to comment on how they've found dealing with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You're probably better off getting one the proper BB products. Generally once people get BB they use the internet more. There is no point getting BB if it is just fast dial up.

Look at BTIreland. If you change your line rental over to them you get good value. You will have to do this with imagine either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Someone worked out that if you went with BT it cost pretty much the same (give or take a few euro), but the BT product is a MUCH better value product to get. My advice, add in all the hidden charges for imagine, and you'll see that BT offer a much better deal. Then go for BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Someone worked out that if you went with BT it cost pretty much the same (give or take a few euro), but the BT product is a MUCH better value product to get. My advice, add in all the hidden charges for imagine, and you'll see that BT offer a much better deal. Then go for BT.

I think that was me :)

Yeah go with BT 1mb as it will only cost mabye €2 or €3 more a month for a PROPER always on connection.

Video conferencing might become popular with your Dad or something and having to constantly turn off your router/modem equipment after using the internet is plain sillyness for those 20hour a month products!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks guys!

Advertisement