Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain on Sky Digital

Options
  • 03-11-2005 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

On November 14th the relaunched Rapture TV will begin showing Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain Tuesday and Thursday nights respectively at 8:30pm. It's only on Sky Digital unfortunetly.

Still, it's pretty good to see that more channels are taking an interest in anime. There's been quite a drought since CNX went belly up and Sci-Fi ditched those wonderful early morning slots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What's the channel number for Rapture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Roteiro7

I dont have sky digital but Fullmetal Alchemist has gotta be seen!!

i recommend to everyone!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

That news is well.................... FANTASTIC! :D:D:D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Makaveli wrote:
    What's the channel number for Rapture?

As far as I know it's in the middle of relaunching so it's off the air for the moment, but it'll be up there from the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Is it gonna be on NTL? Like, ever? I WANT IT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's going to be on channel 288 on the Sky EPG when it launches by the way...

You can view their test signal now though at:

11.345 H, 22.00, 2/3, under the label '53205'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Amry

I guess it's quite redundant to ask this, but just to be sure... will the voices be in English?

And though any move to further popularize anime is always welcome, I really, really hope that the bastardized, suitable-for-kids version of Naruto will *never* touch our shores.

More than likely.
    I remember CNX used to show dubbed Cowboy Bebop. I don't ever remember seeing subbed anime on television bar the times Sky Movies have shown Spirited Away subbed.

Yep... seeing how Rapture is essentially a channel for showing bad pop music I'd say it's most likely that it will be showing the dubbed versions.

Yea it'll be on channel 288 (apperantly) from tomorrow morning.

They'll most likely be the dubbed versions, but that's grand. While I can't say much for Wolf's Rain the Fullmetal Alchemist dub is very tolerable imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I recorded it on my Sky + box last night to only find out that it record half of the show. I was very annoyed as Rapture must have started 15 mins earlier.

Same thing happened here.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even show the first half of the thing.

I was watching another programme on it earlier and it was due to come back after the break but instead the channel just started showing bad pop videos for the next 15 minutes.

oh well.. at least the channel is squeezed in there nice and snug next to the new Playboy channel... we can possibly be thankful for that..

Anyone check out Wolf's Rain tonight?

They played the first episode (dubbed) in full.

I've never seen it before but so far I'm enjoying it, looks very promising. Music by Yoko Kanno is always good. :)

Btw, if you missed out Tuesday and Thursday Rapture repeat both shows Sunday nights from 7:30.

Meant to watch FMA but forgot even after adding it to the schedule.
    Didn't know when Wolf's Rain was on, haven't seen it either, but it's sitting on my external hard drive at the moment. Will probably start it after Hajime no Ippo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Glad to hear this news, good timing too, because i was just about to start a thread to ask if there were any good anime movies/series shown on sky digital, and apart from these to are there any others worth knowing about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

fullmetal alchemist and wolf's rain are two incredibly depressing incredibly awesome anime. i've only seen them subbed tho. they are *definitely* worth the time to watch and they're full of unexpected plot twists and neat stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Wolf's Rain is one of the best shows ever, I decided to buy the dvd box set from Asia! I couldn't wait to see them all on tv!!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Wow. Just wow. Necroing a thread after 3 years? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, when youre wanting to talk about Wolfs Rain I suppose. But I mean hey, none of this information is relevant anymore, as its probably not on TV.

It doesnt matter, it just means that people have seen all the episodes now and if they still like it now, then its possible to have a great discussion on it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well i havent watched either... so no, we cant

meh! sure hopefully someone else who wants to talk about it will see it and decide to leave a post:):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

The only shame about watching anime's like these on tv is that there are so many episodes and if you are following it, it becomes really annoying when they randomly start repeating episodes and never finish showing all of them. Good as a platform for the medium though I suppose.

Never was a fan of Wolf's Rain, but FMA is one of my favourite mainstream animes. :D

Ya that is annoying alright, I cheated though, I went on ebay and bought box sets from asia, cause they were well and truely finished over there before they started airing here:L:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Nice. or if one was feeling bold they could always fileshare. Not that I condone this ;) I have been curious though how strict they would be on punishing people for downloading Asian material, bet the wrist slapping would be alot more violent for Mr. HollyWood's material. This in itself exposes that the War on digital piracy is more financial than it is about intellectual property rights.

As Mark Getty one of the worlds largest intellectual proprietors once said, "information is the oil of the 21st Century".
    :D

Yes that is very true, its all about the money, as though the millions they get anyway isnt much, but then again they are the greedest people I have ever seen, those in the movie and and music industry know what money they can make and refuse to make things cheaper on those of us in the real world that actually dont make $7 million a day!!!! Alot of atrocities that occur in this world revolve around money, e.g. murders and blood diamonds

Advertisement