Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Flap in Glass Door..Is it possible

Options
  • 03-11-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just wondering if its possible to put a dog flap into a glass panel...as both of the backdoors in the house are glass doors.

Any ideas welcome ... i'm thinking about replacing one of the glass panels with wood if there is no way around it ..although i dont think it'll look to pretty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Mr. Daz,

i had exactly the same query as you a year ago. It is too expensive to buy a glass cutter and do it yourself. I got quotes of 150 euros from Glass cutters to do it.

Eventually, I took out the glass at the bottom of the door, replaced it with MDF and put the flap in that. Painted over the mdf etc. Its an okay job, looks grand if you have a wooden door.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Thanks for the reply Bubby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

We got a friendly glazier to fit a cat flap to a glass panel in our conservatory. Did a great job, and cost us a bottle of whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lucky so and so!!! Did you get him to drink the bottle before quoting ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Cutting glass only works if it is not toughened. Lots of modern, double glazed panels are, though.

These usually have some sort of mark on the glass, like a stamp ...so don't try and cut those ...or you'll end up with glass crumbs all over the floor:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement