Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ur favourite/least map and why?

Options
  • 03-11-2005 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

favourite maps, well (forgive the spelling )
    probably strike at karkind , nice in close combat.
    the sharqi peninsula, great all round map, excellent for the ultimate humiliation the "bum stab" (getting behind a sniper and stabbing them in the bum with ur knife)

least fav map , cant think of the name of it now but its the foggy one, if ur forced to walk, it usually takes ages to get to somewhere, or swim somewhere if ur in deep water.
    same for operation clean sweep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd play any map apart from Kubra Dam.
    Favourites would be Fushee Pass, Dragon Valley and Karkand.
    All others are playable, though you really need to be in armor for some of them (Zatar Wetlands).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Fushee Pass + Dragon Valley + sharqi peninsula are my favs.

Never really liked Karkand and Op Clean Sweep isn't very high up there but my stats indicate that it's the map I play the most.

Maybe that's why I don't like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Karkand would be my favourite for racking up the kills,

Cleansweep is simply poxy... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Favourites: Karkland, Mushtuur City, Sharqi Peninsula, Dragon Valley, 1st and 2nd are great for sniping and close combat, as is Sharqi, but its great for flying too, same with dragon valley.

Least Fav. : Kubra Dam, even though Ive played most hours there (i think becuase of the map cycle on TIG, and times I play there) just dont really like it, it seems like one of those free for all maps where theres 50 mini battles all over it and nothing really happening.
    Hate Op cleansweep too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Fav used to be Strike At Karkland and Mushtuur City but now the king of all maps have to be WAKE ISLAND

Lovely that map....prob cause it was my favorite on 1942.....just love flying out in chopper and looking down at the old zero in the ocean!! tear in my eye as I think that was prob me that crashed!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Lol, I'm with BN on this one, Mushtur/Kark/Wake. We could REALLY do with some more though on the ranked servers. I prefer being US on Wake as it seems more of a challenge to me.

I like Clean sweep also (once both teams have decent pilots).

I hate Kubra, not entirely sure why, just rarely have fun playing probably as I dont fly attack choppers much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

My favourite would be either Wake Island or Mashtuur with Kubra Dam being down the bottom of the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

wake, gulf, kubra = good, perfect to stretch my sniping abilities

Cleansweep is LAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Wake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Favourites: Wake, Oman
    Medium: Cleansweep, Karkand
    Medium 'minus': Kubra, that Chinese 'Valley' one
    Least Favourite: that Chinese 'Swampy/Foggy' one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Cleansweep is only fun if you whore the jets/attack choppers for the entire map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Stephen wrote:
    Cleansweep is only fun if you whore the jets/attack choppers for the entire map.

If you get any kind of vehicle you are sorted really...
    Cleansweep is one of my favorites tbh...
    I like the urban maps too....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Stephen wrote:

As a matter of fact, I'm rather handy with the old stinger (MEC, closest to US airfield in left-most island) and tanks, thanks... Forgot how many multi-kills I've already notched up, from downing 60s chocked-up with troops coming in for a soft landing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Played Kubra Dam last night for the first time in ages and actually enjoyed myself, and racked up some nice tank kills too....
    I usually quit the game when this maps loads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Big Nelly wrote:
    Fav used to be Strike At Karkland and Mushtuur City but now the king of all maps have to be WAKE ISLAND

Lovely that map....prob cause it was my favorite on 1942.....just love flying out in chopper and looking down at the old zero in the ocean!! tear in my eye as I think that was prob me that crashed!! haha

I have to say neely, i was never mad about that map, i only really got into it when i played the WW2 mod for BFV! I much prefer flyin around that map in a zero than in an F18 :D
    I have to say, op clean sweep is easily the worst map in BF2. Its bloody terrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Deadwing wrote:
    I have to say neely, i was never mad about that map, i only really got into it when i played the WW2 mod for BFV! I much prefer flyin around that map in a zero than in an F18 :D
    I have to say, op clean sweep is easily the worst map in BF2. Its bloody terrible!!

Was better flying in a zero than in an F18 to be sure....but I love it for the ground combat!!!

Advertisement