Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with mates

• 03-11-2005 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Ok well i have a problem that has been going on for while.Whenever me and my mates go out they always want to go to 92.For example my mate PETER and NIALL both live in Foxrock so its quite handy for them.But i come from Rathmines so its an expensive journey to make home at night while they can walk.It wrecks my head that this is the only place they go and sometimes they go there twice on a weekend,They refuse to go into town,claiming that town is crap but how would they know cos they never go.This problem is really frustrating cos they are being selfish expecting me to fork out an extra 30 eurp a night getting there and back while it costs them nothing.Any suggestions how i can get them to come to town or at least go somewhere different.I hate 92!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Have you told them how you feel? If there real mates then they should make some sort of compromise?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

cavo wrote:
    Any suggestions how i can get them to come to town or at least go somewhere different.I hate 92!

ask them to rotate, if there are three of ye, then each week one gets to choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

They sound like typical small minded rich kids (I know, I'm from Blackrock.) They're afraid to leave their own territory. I grew up with a few people like this. One of my friends was so anti-town that she didn't even know about the spike on O'Connell street!

Maybe find some new friends? (I'm not at all suggesting lose the old friends.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Would they not let you crash at theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

have you tried going out with some other friends and maybe opening up your social circles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Surely theyd both chip in a tenner and cut down the price for you ... only decent thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Just stay over at there place, when i was younger i would leave the house on friday afternoon and arrive back sunday night :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

em well im up in 92 a fair bit and tbh it does get abit boring after awhile but can u not just stay in one of there gaffs... most of the gaffs are big in foxrock and im sure they wouldnt mind u staying..

i live in rathmines aswell and i never go home after been up there..

dublin dude its nothing to do with small minded... dublin is a craphole for going out in general... i dont blame them for stickin to 92...its the same crew everywhere the people who go to 92 goto rios, bucks, leggs, the odeon, the village, dandelion, craw daddy(sometimes), lillis, gaynards, samsara, ron blacks and cafe insane..

Cavo ur in that social scene like myself and sucks but what can ya do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Tell them to feck off.
    I can walk home from 92 but I know its a nightmare for most people to get too.

A big pull for people going to 92 is they know so many people there ensuring they're usually always have a great night. Hence the problem with going to town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

alfa147 wrote:
    dublin dude its nothing to do with small minded... dublin is a craphole for going out in general... i dont blame them for stickin to 92...its the same crew everywhere the people who go to 92 goto rios, bucks, leggs, the odeon, the village, dandelion, craw daddy(sometimes), lillis, gaynards, samsara, ron blacks and cafe insane..

You're joking, right?

You are saying that it's always the same people in the city centre and somehow this is not true for Club 92??? Sure I know half the people in Club 92 and I haven't been there for years...

I can assure you, as someone who lives in the city centre and frequents many bars very frequently, there is a lot of choice and a million faces you've never seen before in the city centre.

Club 92 IS incentuas. Everyone is sleeping with the same people. It's always the same, local crowd... (don't get me wrong, Club 92 is OK for the occasional visit...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

If theyre being selfish like this, watch out for more smaller little things that might pi$$ ya for or whatever. Ask them could you stay in their house, or as Beruthiel said, one person chooses every 3weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

sound like dicks to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cavo

ive told them how i feel about the whole thing and they just laugh it off.When i suggest going into town they just laugh and say thats towns ****.They wont accomodate any of my ideas,they just want to go to 92 and thats its.Its really frustating me and its starting to really upset me everytime we go out.I just dont know what to do cos they are great mates and we do have a laugh,i just dont want to go to 92 all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

hey DD

well yeh its true that town has the variety but as cavo says most of my mates stick to where they know so u gotta go with the flow..

just saying i always find myself in the usual spots.. no matter if we decide to venture elsewhere.

Advertisement