Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1987 mitsubushi colt

Options
  • 03-11-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, wondering if anyone can help me out - looking for parts for a Mitsubushi Colt (1987), and they are few and far between, understandably. I've tried all around the Dublin area, but no luck. Anyone able to help out and point me in the right direction?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd imagine that you wouldn't have a lot of luck in a breakers yard as they would tend to stock newer vehicles. An 87 car is getting on a bit and ther e are very few 87 colts around on irish roads these days.

Mitsubishi dealers may still sell new parts for an old Colt but you'll pay through the nose for them however theres no harm checking.

You could try ebay.co.uk. Always lots of car parts (2nd hand and NOS) and cars being broken for parts on there. A quick look doesn't reveal much for an 87 Colt but keep your eyes open.

Also, you could try this crowd
    http://www.nipponautoparts.com/

What spare parts are you looking for anyway?

PS which model colt do you have the the circa 87-91 one with narrowish headlights and long front indicators. Or the earlier, boxier model. Parts for the former wil probably be easier to find as there are still a fair number of them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Breakers don't bother with anything over 7-8years old these days so parts for a 19year old car are hard to find, especially a less common model.

The breakers at the west pier in DunLaoghaire can be good for older parts, they are connected with a breakers in NI that seem to have a good stock. At least that was the case a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also do a search for the Lancer of that age as the Lancer was just a four door version of the Colt and mechanically they were the same car up to recently.

It will be hard though to find one in a scrap yard as most Jap cars of that era have bio degraded at this stage but keep trying you never know.

Another thing to note is that maybe parts from the 1992 - 1996 Colt may also use some of the same parts as the 1987 Colt, obviously not body parts but mechanically they may not be too dissimilar especially engine parts which were more than likely carried over from one generation to the next. Might be a possibility but check this out before buying anything.

Advertisement