Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Phone to Laptop via Bluetooth

• 03-11-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I recently bought a Sharp GX25 and have also aquired a Belkin bluetooth USB adapter. While trying to pair them, either the phone looks for a pin number or the laptop software. I cant find any mention of a pin in the booklets that have come with either bit of kit.

Any ideas as to where I may get the pin or is there anyway of getting around the pin??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bcloh

When asked on the first device for a pin number enter ANY 4 digit code. You will then be asked for a code on the second device to pair them. Enter the code you used on the first device. This will Pair the devices for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

cayenne wrote:
    I recently bought a Sharp GX25 and have also aquired a Belkin bluetooth USB adapter. While trying to pair them, either the phone looks for a pin number or the laptop software. I cant find any mention of a pin in the booklets that have come with either bit of kit.

Any ideas as to where I may get the pin or is there anyway of getting around the pin??
    Just type 1234 .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the Bluetooth SIG recommend using a Passkey (a Bluetooth 'pin') with a length of 8 digits... if you initiate the pairing from a Windows XP SP2 or Mac OS X machine it will generate the Passkey to use during the paring process, otherwise just make one up and use it on each device when prompted (as suggested above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

just a security thing to make sure your not hacking into peoples phones
    i dont know why you guys said at least 4 numbers because i just usually type in the number 2 and it works (not important but i just thought id say)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

1huge1 wrote:
    just a security thing to make sure your not hacking into peoples phones
    i dont know why you guys said at least 4 numbers because i just usually type in the number 2 and it works (not important but i just thought id say)
    Nobody said at least 4 numbers. The passkey requires between 1 & 8 numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Some phones demand at least 4 digits.
    I'm not sure about using 8+ anymore -since it has been proven that previous pairing can be dis-established (..er..unpaired..er..)

Advertisement