Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How people have you disuaded from getting IBB

• 03-11-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case IBB do read these boards, I was just thinking it might be ineresting for them to know who many potential customers they will not be getting due to you recommending not to go with them in the light of your experience with them or after trawling theough posts here.

I'll start the ball rolling that I have convinced 4 people not to. 3 of these had actually contacted IBB with a view to signing up. The other didn't want a phone line but has dsl now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I Have turned about 20+ People away.......Trying to get my college to move is my next step...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Still having problems for the past few weeks and I make sure as much people around me know about it. Many of them were tempted to sign in after seeing TV ads but when I show them my email thread with IBB supports and get them to witness how long it takes to get through to IBB support on the phone and what it takes to finally get IBB to act on an issue, my friends have more thant cold feet about signing for IBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I pursuaded at least 5 people both family members and work collegues to stay away from IBB. In reality it has been much more as I will give anyone who will talk to me about broadband a piece of advice about IBB. I think anyone who is thinking of getting IBB should be told to call their support line instead of the sales line to get an idea of what their like. And when you get through it's like talking to Otto from the Simpsons.

Cionn
    Thank god I can give out other provider names now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Anybody who has ever asked me about BB. Probably about 20+ in person as I'm always being asked by family, friends and colleagues at work.

God only knows how many I've warned off IBB here on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

it dosent matter lads how many. They are getting around 1000 new punters each month. Only when the number of people canceling their bb equals that will they really care. Their advertising is working really well for them. Unfortunatally Boards represents a small precentage of IBB or potential IBB users. But I have convinced about 10 people who have never heard of boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If they are getting a 1000 each week ( and they must be telling the truth ) then there must be a lot of very happy broadband users out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

The amount of ads for it on T.V had many family members asking me if they should go for the service, I told them the truth.

I'd say I've dissuaded around twenty people from the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive turned away 45 people and my cousin, it may be cheap compared to others, but its expensive dial-up.
    Long fail IBB
    Internet with attitude, jesus boyo ill show you attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sparky_S wrote:
    ive turned away 45 people and my cousin, it may be cheap compared to others, but its expensive dial-up.
    Long fail IBB
    Internet with attitude, jesus boyo ill show you attitude.

Internet with attitude?

Internet with very high latency.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It should read

"Internet with attitude problem"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They must have a phenomenal churn rate.
    But bear in mind, not all cities have the latency problem. I personally warn people on several boards that it is VERY unwise to touch it, and then point them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

One Word to disatisfied customers:- LEAVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Easy to do when one has an NTL alternitave.

Advertisement