Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get rid of car

Options
  • 03-11-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I have a 94 Citroen ZX with a cracked head gasket and burst radiator. How do I get rid of it!! It is NCT'd until '07, only passed about 6 months ago.

I rang a rake of breakers and they all mostly laughed at me. I thought that is must be worth at least a hundred or two but according to some of them I'd have to pay them to take it.

It must be worth something to someone. Anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Did you try Traynors (http://www.traynors.co.uk/) they're normally very helpful, and they're in dublin a couple of times a week so they'd pick it up from you.
    Phone: 0044 (0) 28 3889 1242.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

park it in sherriff st. and go for a pint.

it'll still be there when you get back, but if you're lucky it'll be on fire.

assuming it's insured, report it stolen, and claim on the insurance.

not that i'd advocate that sort of thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Put a bike lock around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

troy wrote:
    I have a 94 Citroen ZX with a cracked head gasket and burst radiator.
    So its an eleven year old French car which can't be driven anywhere...
    troy wrote:
    It must be worth something to someone.
    Eh, no. Actually its less use than a pint of weewee. If you can find someone to take it for free then I'd go with that option but you should put it in the Buy and Sell for €100 ono and see what happens. The NCT is its one valuable part - there might be someone with a crashed one who wants to do a fixer-upper. Failing this you can leave it at the back of my house with the fifteen that are there already...

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

troy wrote:
    It must be worth something to someone.
    HAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Tow it to stephens green in the middle of the night take the plates and all Id off and wait for it to get towed away by the parking militia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Set it on fire and claim on the insurance.

The only problem is that your insurance might be higher from now on so it really meant not be worth it.

Sell it as crap someone will take it. Or repair it. Change the Head Gasket and replace the radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭troy

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

Sparks - Traynors said they'd take it for £20. Thanks for the tip.

Also found out that you can get the council to scrap for €30 and they'll pick it up from anywhere.

In the end I managed to get a garage to knock €500 off 6k list price on a car as a trade in. I know I probably could have gotten the 500 quid off anyway but at least the ZX will be their problem now.

Advertisement