Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried RipWave with MacOSX or Linux?

• 03-11-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, the website doesn't say these are supported but I have a feeling using the ethernet port would be plug and play.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

That sounds about right. Once you've your system connected to the router and the internet through it the systems couldn't care less where your broadband comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I have an iMac G5 running OSX 10.4.3 and the Ripwave runs fine for me. Has its moments but by and large get about 460 - 480 kbps download speed. Ran it before with the first generation iMac and it worked, but speeds were rubbish pre April of this year. After 'essential maintenance' the speeds really picked up then. When I got Ripwave back in Oct 04 it was advertised as supporting Mac OS and as far as I remember it still says somewhere that Mac Os 8 and upwards are supported. Tech support (if you are ever lucky enough to get through to) know nothing about Macs, but they know nothing about PCs either!! If ever any of you were thinking of getting a new computer, I would strongly recommend a Mac. No viruses, no need for protection, bit dearer but seriously much more fun and far more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I had mine working with suse 9.2 and ubuntu for the last couple of months -
    Configuration that needs to be done nothing just plug it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭digiology

so is it reliable and speedy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Yes and yes if you read my post above :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement