Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

longhorn

• 03-11-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

whats the deal with this? any news on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's now called Windows Vista and in beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

whats the deal with this? any news on it?
    Welcome to three months ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

is the beta version available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It was if you were a MSDN subscriber... three months ago

Wow, his Internet connection must have some serious lag. I know who you are Shane, I must come round there later when I'm finished work to slap you upside the head (if you want a copy of it just call round to mine... if you can figure out who I am that is.)

• Advertisement

Msdn?????

i seriously dont think i know u... i live in waterford...lol... i think u got the wrong person

i seriously dont think i know u... i live in waterford...lol... i think u got the wrong person
    Ahh, my bad. Friend of mine is joined here with the username shanethemofo too but must be some sort of variation. MSDN is the Microsoft Developer's Network.

www.just****inggoogleit.com

lol.. kk thx.... damn i thought my name was original........... sniff.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Achilles wrote:
    I must come round there later when I'm finished work to slap you upside the head (if you want a copy of it just call round to mine... if you can figure out who I am that is.)

Unless he's a MSDN subscriber I believe that would break the T&C's of the MSDN service as it would be classed as piracy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

So this must mean that unless you are willing to shed a load of money for an MSDN sub you will not *legally* obtain the Windows Vista Beta until it is released to the communis publicus. I suppose it would be nieve of me to think that people have not already downloaded the beta using BitTorrent in the same way that they downloaded IE 7.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So this must mean that unless you are willing to shed a load of money for an MSDN sub you will not *legally* obtain the Windows Vista Beta until it is released to the communis publicus. I suppose it would be nieve of me to think that people have not already downloaded the beta using BitTorrent in the same way that they downloaded IE 7.

I'm sure the beta of vista has been downloaded from none Microsoft ftp's and bittorrent but this is no different to downloading copies of WinXP, its considered warez and discussion of where to get such copies here will lead to bans :)

I believe back when IE7 launched links were posted here and in Computers but the links were removed as it is not a public beta and afaik is only available to MSDN subscribers.

Personally I'll be staying away from IE7 even when it goes GM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm sure the beta of vista has been downloaded from none Microsoft ftp's and bittorrent but this is no different to downloading copies of WinXP, its considered warez and discussion of where to get such copies here will lead to bans :)

I believe back when IE7 launched links were posted here and in Computers but the links were removed as it is not a public beta and afaik is only available to MSDN subscribers.

Personally I'll be staying away from IE7 even when it goes GM :D
    I wont be posting any links if that was what you were thinking. I have heard the the current beta lacks many features from the final release so I will not be downloading it myself nor encouraging anyone else to. I am content to wait for Vista RC1 which will be publicly available.

I have IE7, it is crap, dont even consider getting it, just download Firefox and forget about IE, period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Msdn?????

MSDN - The Microsoft Developer Network.

If you're in there, you get it.

Windows Vista is going to be Beta 2 pretty soon, some months later you'll see Beta 3.

Then there's Release Candidate 1, which will be publicly available, then Release Candidate 2, also for the public which is nearly the final release.

By the end of November next year Microsoft plans to release to whole new thing.

After this we'll see the Windows Server 2007, which comes in the late 1st half of 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's buggy, driver support isn't great from the dvd, a resource hog BUT the folder view real_time change is solid! as is the re-touched IE7 and MP11.

enough to make me change when SP2 for it is out :)

:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

but the DRM

oh the DRM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

but the DRM

oh the DRM
    Not a problem, just slap in a Sony CD and see who wins !

Not a problem, just slap in a Sony CD and see who wins !

Oh man, that made by laugh out loud :D

Advertisement