Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i take off a molez connector....

Options
  • 03-11-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

I just bought a sleeving kit in peats and it didnt give instructions in how to take off the the molex plug and put it back on with the tool it gives ya, does anybody know how??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

push the tool into the molex, and then press down on it, it should pop the wires straight out.

be careful though that you put them back in the right order though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Just stick the little tool they gave you into one of the holes, and push down on the tab, while doing this you should be tugging on the other end of the wire, it will pop right out :).
    Once sleeved just pop it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Cremo wrote:
    push the tool into the molex, and then press down on it, it should pop the wires straight out.

be careful though that you put them back in the right order though.

Dammit, are you stalking me :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dammit, are you stalking me :p:D
    nope i'm just one step ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Cheers everybody.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Evd-Burner wrote:
    I just bought a sleeving kit in peats and it didnt give instructions in how to take off the the molex plug and put it back on with the tool it gives ya, does anybody know how??????

how much did the sleeving kit cost?? do they have black?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the ones in peats aren't good. The vantec ones are €16.50 in maplins, but if u have loads of motherboard/fan connections you'll prob need two of them to do a good job. the have black, blue, green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Jammer wrote:
    the ones in peats aren't good. The vantec ones are €16.50 in maplins, but if u have loads of motherboard/fan connections you'll prob need two of them to do a good job. the have black, blue, green

thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

I just got the green vantec kit in maplin for 8quid on sale. It has miles of the stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The thing that I find with the Vantec kit is they dont give you enough of the Heat shrink wrap. You could however use the provided cable ties on the psu end of the wire but I think it looks far better with the wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

the damn things that they give ya for putting the rubrer at the end dont work properly and i bought a uv light in maplins and when i turned it on it just blew

Advertisement