Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering Music/Files to NGage QD

• 03-11-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Hay, as the title suggests im at a bit of a loss...iv a nokia NGage QD with a 64MB multimedia card and i want to transfer songs (ogg vorbis) to the card and not the device memory(ngage memory) over bluetooth. last night i had the bluetooth adapter connected to my pc and i was transfering a song across, but it couldent complete the transfer because the file was saving to the ngage ( it ran out of space ) instead of the memory card :confused: . I had a search through the ngage manual and a quick gander on google but couldnt find much.So my question is how do i get the file to save to the memory card instead of the ngage memory ?

Thanks !

CC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the ngage is symbian right? on my 6680 if i go into message settings->other it gives me the option "memory in use" and i can set the default place to store messages as the memory card. on my phone when something is sent by BT it shows up in the inbox.

i had a quick look at the ngage qd manual there and i didnt see the option in the same place as mine but have a look anyway. your only other option is a usb card reader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hmm strange, i just use the USB on the original Ngage but maybe you can try a file manager program, like FExplorer or something like that. You should be able to send the files..they come in as a new message, then open the file manager and move them (the mp3 file or whatever) from the "Inbox" to the memory card, i used to do it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ruu wrote:
    hmm strange, i just use the USB on the original Ngage but maybe you can try a file manager program, like FExplorer or something like that. You should be able to send the files..they come in as a new message, then open the file manager and move them (the mp3 file or whatever) from the "Inbox" to the memory card, i used to do it that way.

the problem is there's not enough memory on the phone so the files dont arrive in the inbox, they just say "not enough memory" and quit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah thats right Commander the files dont arrive in the inbox cause it runs out of space, I think the memory card reader is the best idea...i never thought of that :rolleyes:

I did try a prog last night called vDisk...but it didnt work properly for whatever reason...neway thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, think i'll pick up the mem card reader today. ;)

cheers,
    CC

Advertisement