Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Awards 2005

Options
  • 03-11-2005 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

I saw This thread and wonderd if you would be interested in having a boards awards before the Beers in a week or so...you could get nominations in over the weekend, voting all week, close it on sat, tally the votes, and give out awards (preferably made out of tinfoil) at the beers?

Eirebhoy suggested these Categories last time out: Funniest User of the Year, Irritating Git of the Year, Stupidest User of the year, Most Knowledgeable User of the Year, Most Helpful User of the Year, Thread Starter of the Year, Most Respected User of the Year, Best Mod/Admin of the Year, Most Missed User of the Year, Arbitrary Amnesty of the Year (If you could grant an amnesty to a banned user, whether short-term ban or a lifetime, who would you bring back), Overall User of the Year, Best Forum, Best Thread, Best Username, Most viewed thread of 2005, Most replied thread of 2005, Who posted the most posts of 2005.

I think there were also awards given out by ropedrink for:
    Favourite Board, Most Valued Poster, Can Of Piss, Troll, Rant, Best Burn, Best Moment, Most Edible, Best Sekrit Society, Spam.

What do you reckon? Do you wanna give these another bash?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Ya and ya have to get a nice trophy avatar as wll thingy?
    Only messing sounds like fun!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think that would be cool, how implementable it is remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Great idea, i'd vote in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Great idea!

Vote for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I give this idea eleventeen brazilian thumbs up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im thinking i have half of these won already
    especially the more degrading ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Is there a best costume one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great idea.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Most ruthless FS mod emot-v.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

that was such a laugh last time it was done
    make it so Number One!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent idea...

Will be a bit of craic!

Seems fairly easy to implement:

- Collect a bunch of categories in a thread in AH or somewhere like that.
    - With the categories decided.. each Boards user can put forward up to 3 Boards users to be nominated for each category.
    - The Top 5 Boards users nominated in each category go forward to a vote to decide the winner.

Nominate Basquille and DubGuy for the donkey work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

at the last one the winners got a little plaque

Az won "Spammer of the Year" last time I believe
    what a proud and pleasing thing it must be to hang that on your living room wall.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Beruthiel wrote:
    at the last one the winners got a little plaque

Az won "Spammer of the Year" last time I believe
    what a proud and pleasing thing it must be to hang that on your living room wall.... :D

you have no idea how many people would like to see az hung....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

What if someone is nomitated and wins,and they aren't going to Novembeers. Take for instance the Fantastically,Unbelievably Sexy Man award. I mean,its madness,I wont be there to receive it!

Maybe we should arrange it for the Christmas beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Well can we get some nice big input (admins & Smods); could be a good giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I think this might be fun to run for the Xmas beers. Don't we already have a forum for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good idea.

Vote for Stark, he's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cool :) Thought I'd bring it up and gage the reaction anyway, but as ropedrink sais, it's better not to rush it and be crap than to wait a extra month or so and do it proper. :v:

I suppose now would be a good time to start talking about it for the crimbo beers so...

I'll start a thread in the awards forum (sorry regi...started this one here cause awards forum hasn't been used in a couple of years) and anyone who's interested in sorting categories etc. can post there.

[Edit] Boards Awards 2005tm thread here.
    Cool, well I'll look forward to the christmas boards awards '05 then :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement